Chapter 7

Hiccup's POV Next Day

I stood at the docks with my hood up and tied the basket of my things to the saddle. I managed to grab a few things from my back office in the forge last night.

"You're really leaving?" Astrid asked from behind me.

I jumped and turned around nodding.

"I'm sorry but he clearly wants no part of peace." I replied mounting Toothless.

"Where will you go next?" She wondered.

"I don't know yet. We might land where the wind takes us." I shrugged my shoulders. "I'll be back someday."

Toothless lifted his wings and took to the skies flying who knows where.

Where do you want to go?

"Anywhere." I laid back on the saddle.

Couple of Hours Later

Who goes there?!

A weird snarl rang through the clouds.

"Show yourself!" I demanded.

You can understand us?! How?!

Toothless growled. Hiccup. Night Furies. Everywhere.

"That's impossible..." I gasped.

Suddenly Night Furies burst from the clouds forming a circle around us.

"Oh my gods..." I murmured. "I thought Toothless was the last one!"

Toothless? Who is Toothless?

Toothless growled, Me.

Why is there a human on your back?!

"I'm his best friend! We live together!" I yelled.

Come, we have much to discuss with the leader.

The lead Night Fury turned around and I got a good look at him. He was black with silver patterned stripes on his tail and spine. Toothless and I had no choice but to follow. We landed at the shore of a beautiful island with Night Furies everywhere: coming out of waterfalls and climbing out of caves. Some surrounded us sniffing Toothless and me. Toothless snarled making the others back away. They led us to a large cave at the bottom of the cliff.

The leader is in there. Use caution.

Toothless crept into the cave.

Why is there a human with you?!

"My name is Hiccup and Toothless is my dragon. Um we stumbled across you island when I was on a quest." I introduced ourselves.

The Night Fury came out if the shadows revealing her purple eyes and red speckled head and spine. What kind of quest?

"People know me as the peace bringer of the two worlds. I'm starting to go from island to island changing people's minds. I just came from Berk but the chief would not listen." I explained.

Where do you come from?

"I came from Berk but I ran away a few months ago after I befriended Toothless. I could never kill a dragon...I wouldn't..." I replied lowering my head.

And what of you Night Fury?

What do you mean?

How did you end up with him?

I was flying, alone, I thought I was the last of my kind so I joined a raid. I was shot down losing my left tailfin and then Hiccup came along the next day almost killing me but he let me go. Long story short we became friends, he helped me fly again, we found the dragon's nest, defeated her, and this after we ran away.

She nodded, My name is Aurora. I am the leader of the Night Furies. You may stay as long as you like. In fact we can train you Hiccup. To be fast. To be strong. To be skilled in anything. We will help you bring peace.

I nodded, Thank you so much.