Chapter 13

Narration 2 Years Later

The story of the mysterious rider spread like wildfire. Him and his Night Fury have been changing people's minds about dragons making some enemies of their own and helping others with theirs. Two years ago when the rider encountered Dagur the rider won and Dagur was never seen again. His armada surrendered after being destroyed and went back to their island in peace. The rider and his dragon now fly around the world usually never at home. Berk now has a sport called dragon racing and lives in harmony with the dragons. After their encounter with the rider two years ago he has yet to return leaving the teens and his father worried but not searching for him as they know he is perfectly fine. The rider rarely ever wears his cloak anymore because he has a set of armour and a mask that can do so much more.

Hiccup's POV

Toothless landed in front of our house and I got off pushing a fish basket towards him.

"Nice flying bud. I say we got just about all the islands in the world. I'm surprised we haven't flown off the edge yet." I said sitting on a stool in my kitchen.

Toothless licked his chops after finishing the basket, you know we could go back to Berk. For good this time. I mean if the world is at peace then we have no reason to stay here.

"You're right, but once I go back I bet my dad will send me right into chief training and you know I don't want that. I'd rather be on the back of you flying and exploring the world." I explained.

I know.

Silence.

You miss her...

I gulped, "I do...but..."

Let's go!

Astrid's POV

I stopped searching for Hiccup about a year ago. It was no use trying to find him, besides he was right. Berk needs me here. No one knows who he is except the gang and me and his father. I just won a dragon race and was flying around.

Suddenly a black blur was diving past me towards the ocean. A small man was diving next to him. I peered over and watched the man pull his arms through these loops and gliding wings slid out. His arm pressed a button and a dorsal fin popped out the back. The black blur opened his wings too and together side by side the two were flying.

After a little the black dragon slid underneath the man and he fell back on his dragon. The man put the wings away and spun the fin back into place. I squinted and noticed a red prosthetic tailfin.

Hiccup.

He put the tail in a different position and the two disappeared into the clouds.

"Come on girl let's follow them!" I murmured and Stormfly took off following the two into the clouds.