Chapter 5

Hiccup's POV

Toothless landed on the docks of Berk. No one was in sight. Mogadon was right, it is a ghost town.

"Hello?" I called out. "Is anybody here?"

The gang rushed from behind a few rocks weapons raised. They all stopped when the saw me and Toothless was growling at them.

"Whoa easy there. It's just the hero that kinda saved your butts." I warned.

Astrid didn't make eye contact. I didn't either.

"I came to talk to your chief. Where is he?" I demanded.

"He's in his house, won't come out." Fishlegs answered.

"Thank you." I replied about to climb on Toothless once again.

"I'll lead you there." Astrid mumbled and began walking towards my old house. Once we were out of ear shot and eyesight she punched me in the shoulder.

"Ow!" I cried out.

"What are you doing here?!" She whisper yelled. "Are you insane?!"

"A little. But look, this is important. I need to change Berk. I have to help." I responded.

We got to my old house and knocked on the door.

Stoick answered the door, "What?!"

"Um chief, the rider wants to talk to you. He says it's important." Astrid explained and hurried away.

"Come in I guess. What do you have to say?" The chief sat down after gesturing for me to sit as well.

"I want Berk to be at peace with the dragons." I stated.

"They don't come anymore ever since you killed the queen." Stoick answered.

"That's not what I mean. For the world to be truly at peace, you need to ride dragons. You need to feel the loyalty in your heart. Once you earn a dragon's loyalty there is nothing he won't do for you. Feel the bond." I explained.

"I have this theory that a dragon killed my son. I have no peace with dragons. They took my family away from me!" He shouted.

"Look at Toothless and me! He saved my life!" I argued.

Stoick stood up and I backed up into the wall.

"You may stay one night, then I want you gone!" Stoick commanded. "Now get out!"

He shoved me out the door and slammed the door once Toothless got out. Astrid came from around the corner.

"What happened?!" She whispered walking me towards her house.

"I never should've came back! He wouldn't listen! I can stay one night then he wants me gone!" I yelled.

We stopped at her front door, "You can stay here tonight if you want. But first I want you to do something." She grabbed both of my hands and looked me in the eyes.

"What?" I raised an eyebrow.

"You need to tell the gang who you are. They're on to you." She pleaded.

My jaw dropped.