Chapter 3

Astrid's POV

"Trader Johann! He's here!" Fishlegs called out to the village.

I ran down to the docks and pushed my way to the crowd.

"How was your Snoggletog?" Stoick asked looking better than before.

"Fantastic! I have a great story to tell all of you!" Trader Johann announced.

The crowd groaned.

"Wait! This one might be good!" I insisted.

"There is a mysterious dragon rider who defeated the queen of the dragon's nest! He rides a Night Fury and wears a dragon scale cloak of shedded scales! You wouldn't expect him to be a hero but he is! He made the Red Death follow him into the sky and struck it with plasma blasts from the Night Fury coming out of nowhere. He then dove towards the ground and fired a plasma blast into the mouth of the queen. The queen crashed to the ground and the rider was knocked unconscious but his dragon saved him and swam back to their island with him healing his leg because it had been torn off." Trader Johann told the story and I soon realized he was talking about Hiccup.

"How come the Night Fury didn't fly back?!" Snotlout asked.

"The dragon's prosthetic tailfin was burnt off from the battle." He answered. "That's all I have to say!"

I walked up to the trader and shook his hand.

"Do you have a new axe for me?" I asked him.

"I do as a matter of fact. What would you like to trade?" He asked me pulling out the new one.

"My old one?" I guessed.

We switched axes and he looked closer at my necklace, "That is a beautiful necklace."

"Thank you! It was a gift for Snoggletog." I exclaimed and went to the Great Hall for dinner.

I sat down with my friends listening to their conversation.

"Who do you think the mysterious rider is?" Snotlout asked the group.

"It could be anybody really." I shrugged my shoulders.

"He defeated the queen of the dragon's nest and the raids stopped. Why would he do that for us?" Fishlegs wondered.

"Maybe he's a good person." I replied.

"Trader Johann said that he was someone nobody expects to be a hero." Snotlout pointed out.

"It could be anybody." I repeated.

"Didn't Hiccup say he shot down a Night Fury?" Fishlegs asked.

I froze. Sweat dripped down my head in anxiety.

"But Hiccup's dead. Or kidnapped. He's gone." I argued.

"Where did you get that necklace?" Ruff asked noticing it.

"Nowhere. I found it on the ground in the forest. I liked it so I took it." I lied.

I stood up, grabbed my new axe, and stomped out the door.

Hiccup's POV

"I've been thinking Toothless." I started.

That's never good.

I shot him a playful glare, "Funny. Anyway I think we should start going to island to island convincing them dragons are amazing creatures."

I agree. When do we start?

"Tomorrow." I laid down on my bed and pulled the blanket up to my chin closing my eyes.