Epilogue

15 Years Later Hiccup's POV

"Aurora let's go! We're going on an adventure!" I called up the stairs.

Toothless bounded over and roared. She clamored down the stairs.

"Where are we going?!" She asked shouldering her cloak.

"Exploring! Your mother is heading to Berk right now so she can check up on them. We haven't been there in fifteen years." I explained.

We climbed on Toothless and he took off flying high in the clouds.

"Dad can I ask you something? More like two things." Aurora asked me.

"Go ahead." I shrugged.

"Why did you name me Aurora?" She wondered.

"When I was 15 and this is when I ran away from Berk. I was out flying with Toothless and a ton of Night Furies surrounded us and took us to their island. I stayed and trained with them for a year. One night Toothless and I went for our flight. When we came back the island was in flames. They were all killed by Dagur. The Night Furies' leader was named Aurora. She was kind and wonderful and was a great leader." I explained.

"Oh. When can I get a dragon?" She asked.

"Where do you think we're going?" I smirked. "Come on, I want to show you something."

Toothless turned towards Night Fury island soon landing on the shore.

Aurora and I got off, "Dad what is this place? Why does it look so-"

"Ashy? Burnt? Depressing?" I asked. "This was Night Fury island."

"Oh gods..." She murmured.

"It's important you know about this place. That there was once a species that's not extinct." I replied.

"Uh...Dad..." She murmured. "Turn around."

I cautiously turned around to see Toothless growling at another Night Fury. It was all black just like Toothless except it had dark gray stormy eyes.

"Whoa..." I whispered.

Why is there humans here?

"Uh well I ride Toothless. He's my dragon. That's my daughter Aurora." I introduced us.

You smell familiar. Do I know you?

"I used to live on this island. With all the Night Furies and I trained with Aurora, the leader. One day I was coming back from a flight and the island was in flames. I watched Aurora be killed before my eyes. I didn't think any were left." I explained.

Ah yes I remember you now. Aurora told me to go as well. I was her only son...

Aurora walked closer to the other Night Fury.

"Can I?" She glanced at me.

What's she talking about?

"We came out to look for a dragon for her and then you showed up. She wants to earn your trust and ride you." I explained.

The Night Fury crept closer to my daughter sniffing her.

"I like him." She murmured and reached out her hand. The dragon put his head in her hand. "Hmmm...how about Phantom?"

I like it...

"He likes it. Now come on we should get back. Climb aboard and hang on tight." I instructed.

Toothless and Phantom took off into the sky heading back to our island.

Narration

So I guess Hiccup and his daughter found another Night Fury. Hiccup wonders to himself if there are more out there. The island he once knew is gone but its legacy and freedom lives on forever in the hearts of Toothless and Phantom.

THE END