8

Did I miss last week's update? Yes. Oops? Anywho, this chapter starts out a little funky because the last chapter ended a few lines earlier than I would have liked, but I hit a dead end in writing when I published the last chapter, if that makes sense. We get to see a little bit more into Stiles' memories if you know what I mean, but other than that this chapter is pretty much a filler and I'm gonna see if I can't get another chapter out tonight. And, as always, feel free to join my discord server for teasers, spoilers, fun, writing help, and much more. Link at the end of the chapter.

(3rd P.O.V.)

"God, the trial isn't gonna be easy, is it?" Lyrica sighs.

"Not at all. But we'll get through it."

"Did you get a chance to look through the records yet?"

"No, I'm gonna look tomorrow and probably end up digging through the old house again. I found where my mom kept the records but it's a mess and half-ruined from the fire."

"So how real is the theory that there's an alpha running around that turned Scott?" Lyrica asks as she turns the car down the long gravel driveway.

"I'm pretty positive." Derek sighs, running his fingers through his hair. "Laura wouldn't bite anyone without good reason, and if she was killed by hunters, I would have inherited her power."

"So we need Scott to track it down and kill it."

"Which is easier said than done."

"Tell me about it."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning goes smoothly, Lyrica and Isaac leaving for school while Derek begrudgingly starts unpacking his new office, searching for any and all information about mates and his mother's old emissary.

At the school, Lyrica and Isaac arrive before any other students, setting up her classroom for the day.

"Are you sure Coach isn't gonna kick me from first line?" Isaac fearfully asks, his injured foot propped on a chair beside him as he watches the werewolf write the day's lessons on the board.

"I'm positive, Isaac." Lyrica replies, not looking away from the chalkboard. "I promise, you have nothing to worry about. I'm gonna go talk to him as soon as I'm done here, let him know that you're only down for a couple weeks."

"Thanks, Ma." Isaac mutters, sounding almost scared to utter the second word.

"I meant what I said last night, Kiddo." Lyrica sets the chalk down and turns to look at the teen, dusting her hands off. "You can call us whatever you're comfortable with. We're okay with it."

The bell ringing above their heads prevents Isaac from replying, and Lyrica smiles.

"Will you be alright here while I go talk to Finstock? I won't be long."

The teen nods and Lyrica leaves the room, venturing down the halls in the direction of the man's office. Upon arrival, she notices Scott McCall speaking to him, the office door wide open.

"What do you mean, you can't play the game tomorrow night?" Coach asks the teen, sitting on his desk.

"I mean, I can't play the game tomorrow night." Scott replies.

"You can't wait to play the game tomorrow night?"

"No Coach, I can't play the game tomorrow night!" Scott exclaims.

"I'm not following."

"I'm having some personal issues."

"Is it a girl?" Coach laughs.