5

Hasn't published a new chapter in a month? Couldn't be me. This is another chapter that's changed quite a bit from the original, but very much for the better. Also, we have a new flashback of Hunter's heart-wrenching death in this chapter, but if you're in my discord, you already know that and have already read it. (Link at end of chapter if u wanna join) Without further adieu, here's your new chapter.

(3rd P.O.V.)

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry, I didn't know." Isaac gasps.

"It's alright, Kiddo." Lyrica smiles and turns back around in her seat, frantically wiping away her tears as they fall. "You didn't know."

Derek pulls into their long driveway and as soon as the car is in park, Lyrica jumps out, all but running inside.

"I'm sorry." Isaac mutters, hanging his head.

"Isaac, it's okay, really." Derek explains, turning off the car and getting out, moving his seat up for the teen. "You didn't know and you were curious. Nobody can blame you for that."

"Does she hate me now? Is that why she ran inside?" Isaac mutters as Derek closes the door and begins leading him towards the house.

"Absolutely not." Derek gives him a gentle smile. "She doesn't hate you. There's less than a handful of people she hates in this entire world. And something like asking about her family would never make her hate you."

Derek opens the door for the teen, watching as his eyes go wide at the interior of the home.

"It's a little bare, I know, but we're in the process of decorating."

"It's gorgeous." Isaac mutters, still looking around. Derek chuckles in the slightest and leads him up the stairs and to the right, stopping at the last doors in the hall.

"You can have either of these rooms." He says. "The one right here is the bathroom. The door at the top of the stairs and mine and Lyrica's room."

"Is-Is she okay?" Isaac asks, worried for the woman.

"She will be." Derek nods, subtly reaching out to feel her emotions. "She just doesn't like people seeing her upset, especially people she cares about. It took forever to get her to open up to me when we first met."

"I guess that's one more item added to our list of similarities." Isaac jokes and Derek smiles.

"Get some rest, Kiddo. We'll wake you up in the morning between 5:30 and 6."

"Are we gonna talk about what happened in the station? With my arm and your eyes?"

"After school, yes." Derek nods and pats his back. "Get some rest."

Isaac hesitantly goes into the bedroom on his right, only closing the door when he hears Derek walk away in the direction of his own bedroom.

--------------------------------------------------

"SISSY!"

Lyrica's heart drops when she hears the scream, knowing it only meant one thing. With a loud snarl, she kicks the last coyote away from her and spins, sprinting through the trees with two sets of footsteps hot on her heels.

"Lyrica."

She finally reaches her destination, howling so loud the trees shake. The coyote's teeth release the pale skin of her brother's throat, blood everywhere. A sleek black wolf darts forward and the coyote sprints away from the gruesome scene, desperately trying to evade the wolf.

"Hunter, oh my God." Lyrica sobs, dropping to her knees next to the small boy. She desperately presses on the wound on his neck, her hands turning red from the copious amounts of blood.