21

Okay, I'll be 100% honest, this isn't the perfect season 2 start that I wanted, but it's something and I know you all have been waiting way too long for it, so here's a little something. I'm very much hoping to get this rewrite done before the fall because I'm finally starting college and that's gonna take up a lot of time so updates are gonna be even worse than they currently are.

Also, I'm playing around with the formatting a little more so hopefully things look prettier.

I hope you all enjoy this at least a little bit, and let's hope I can get more chapters out soon!

(3rd P.O.V.)

"Come on, you can do better than that." Derek chuckles, smacking the punching gloves together before holding them back up.

It had been nearly a week since the Hale couple became alphas. The power took a few days to get used to, but as soon as the dust settled surrounding Peter's death, the family of three had a very long, very serious conversation that ended with a fresh bite mark on Isaac's side. He had been wanting to turn since he found out about his parental figures being werewolves, and when the opportunity arose, he all but dove for it. They were both hesitant because it would be a lot of work, but in the end they agreed because it was overall safer for him to be a werewolf and thus more capable of protecting himself.

The bite healed quickly, the wound being gone by the next morning and replaced with smooth ink black skin. Isaac had promptly panicked when he went to brush his teeth that morning and the mark was missing from his arm, and the sheer amount of fear immediately woke the other werewolves in the household. They were by his side immediately, soothing the distraught teen and showing him that the mark had simply moved to the location of his bite, much like Lyrica's was. The day after that, they began training. Isaac had yet to have his first shift, but did manage to make his eyes glow, although they were glowing for over an hour before he got them to go away. Due to the commotion of Lydia being attacked and nearly murdered on the field during the dance, school had been canceled for a week. The night that Isaac finally got his eyes to glow, Derek spoke to his wife and son before leaving to give an insistent Jackson the bite, all three Hales secretly hoping the bite wouldn't take. The next morning, the day before school resumed, they continued training, aiming to figure out just how much strength Isaac gained with his new abilities.

"I don't want to hurt you, though!" The teen weakly protests, clenching and unclenching his fists.

"Isaac, that's almost impossible." Lyrica chuckles from across the room where she does pull ups on a doorframe. The family decided to turn a large section of their basement into a training/workout area, thus meaning they had been spending the past several days in it. Lyrica's hair is pulled back in a ponytail, freshly trimmed to be just past her shoulders when loose. Her bare feet remain pressed together as she pulls herself up and down, and a layer of sweat slowly begins to build on her body. She drops to the floor and pulls off the muscle shirt she was wearing, leaving her in shorts and a sports bra before jumping back up and continuing. "Alphas, remember? And you don't even have your strength built up, so he'd be fine even if you punched him in the balls."

"Let's not test that theory, though." Derek quickly inputs, making the others laugh. "Seriously, though. Give me your best shot."

"What about if I hurt myself by punching you?" Isaac raises a brow, staring his father down.

"You'll heal and your mother will give you enough sugar to kill a horse to make you feel better." All three people laugh at his words, and Isaac finally gives in, swinging his fist into the fabric-coated pad. "Good. Again." The teen obeys and the males fall into a sequence, Isaac alternating hands and punching the pads as Derek moves them around to test his reflexes.