9

I love the drama in this chapter. All imma say.

(3rd P.O.V.)

The next morning Derek wakes before Lyrica and Isaac, realizing that he forgot his cell phone at the remnants of his old home the night prior. He leaves a note on Lyrica's night stand before leaving, having every intention of grabbing his phone and leaving right after.

Not long after he leaves, Isaac wakes, climbing out of the comfort of his bed once his stomach starts growling. He stumbles down the stairs whilst rubbing the sleep from his eyes, quickly fixing himself a bowl of Lucky Charms before plopping down on the couch in the living room and turning on the T.V. He skims through the channels until he finds a show worth watching, curling up and digging into his cereal.

"Spongebob?"

Isaac screams through his mouthful of cereal, barely managing to avoid spilling his bowl as Lyrica's voice scares him. The werewolf can't help her laughter as the teen sets his bowl on the coffee table before turning to face her with wide eyes.

"When the hell did you get there?!" Isaac exclaims, eyes wide.

"Like a minute ago." Lyrica chuckles. "I didn't mean to scare you, Kiddo. I'm used to only living with werewolves, and it's damn near impossible to sneak up on them."

"It's alright." Isaac can't help his own chuckle, also amused by the situation. "Where's Derek? He's always up by the time you are."

"He woke up early and realized he left his phone at the old house. He went to get it real quick."

"What do you guys mean when you say 'the old house'?" Isaac asks, picking his bowl back up as Lyrica wanders into the kitchen, sticking 2 slices of bread in the toaster.

"Derek used to live here, in Beacon Hills. He grew up here." Lyrica begins.

"So why'd he leave?"

"When he was a teenager, around your age, he and his older sister, Laura, were at school when their home caught fire." Lyrica explains, heart tugging as she recalls the horror story she'd been told numerous times. "Hunters caught wind of werewolves and set the fire. It didn't matter to them that they were peaceful, or that there were members of the family that were human. Everyone was trapped in the basement. Derek's uncle, Peter, was the only survivor but he was burnt beyond recognition and left in a vegetative state. He's been in the long term care unit of the hospital here since then. Derek and Laura left town as soon as they could. Never looked back."

"And that's how you guys met?"

Lyrica nods, pulling out Nutella to spread on her now finished toast. Isaac is about to ask another question when Lyrica's phone rings in her pants pocket. She answers it with a huff, raising the butter knife to her mouth to lick the chocolate spread off.

"Hello?"

"Hi, I'm hoping to speak with a Lyrica Hale?" A male voice asks on the other end of the phone and the woman rolls her eyes, setting the knife down.

"This is she."

"Hi, I'm Deputy Jordan Parrish, I'm calling on behalf of Beacon Hills Sheriff Department. We're asking that you come to the station as soon as possible."

"What? Why, what happened?" Lyrica asks, standing up straighter. Isaac watches on in concern, feeling the panic steadily increasing in the woman.

"I regret to inform you that your husband has been arrested on suspicion of murder."

"I'll be there soon."

Lyrica ends the phone call with a sigh, pocketing her phone and running her fingers through her hair.