7

In case anyone missed it, this story now gets updated AT LEAST every Sunday. I may update more throughout the week depending on my work schedule, but I always have Sundays off, so it's time for weekly updates. 

Also, I am SO pumped to start writing over the movie. Right now I'm thinking I'll call the new book "The Hale Code" and I have so many evil plans and you all are gonna love them so much. And, since I can't help it, I will tell you all that I am bringing Stiles back for the movie. I have it all planned out how he's gonna come in and when and y'all are NOT ready and you'll never expect what I have planned.

Okay, now onto the new chapter. Join my Discord if you want more spoilers and teasers and wanna help shape the book. Link at the end of the chapter.

(3rd P.O.V.)

"So when is the adoption process gonna start?" Isaac asks before shoving a spoonful of cookie dough ice cream into his mouth.

"Hopefully soon." Lyrica says, taking a much smaller bite of double fudge brownie ice cream. "We know your biological father was arrested and is currently being held while awaiting trial, but we don't know yet when the trial itself will be, and until then we can't file because you're legally under his care once the protective custody expires. It shouldn't be long, though, because the trial legally has to happen within 30 days of the arrest date. After that, we have to file and there's a bunch of background checks and home visits that have to happen but since you're a teenager, it should only take around 3 months."

"What'll happen to me between then? Do I have to go to a foster family or something?" Isaac worries, looking away from the T.V. to look at Lyrica.

"Probably not. We should be able to get temporary custody instead of protective, which lasts up to 2 years instead of 3 days. You don't have anything to worry about, Isaac. We won't let them take you that easily." Lyrica wraps her arm around the teen in a side hug, and he lays his head on her shoulder.

"Will we have to change my name?" Isaac asks, scooting closer to her for comfort as his eyes drift back to the T.V.

"We can if you want, but you don't have to, no. That part is entirely up to you. Legally we could force you to, but that's messed up." Lyrica shrugs, moving her hand to run her fingers through his hair.

"I think I will. Isaac Hale has a nice ring to it." He smiles, feeling sleep start to tug at him.

"Whatever you wanna do, Kiddo."

"Would I have to call you 'Mom' and 'Dad', or just your names?" He mutters, and Lyrica chuckles, knowing he's starting to fall asleep because Derek always did the same thing when she ran her fingers through his hair.

"That's up to you too. You do whatever feels right for you."

"Thanks, Mom."

The words are barely audible as Isaac falls asleep, but Lyrica easily hears them, turning to kiss the boy's head and pull the blanket up higher around him before she turns back to the movie playing.

---------------------------------------------------

Scott McCall runs through the preserve, following the scent of the girl he was quickly falling for. His yellow eyes glow in the dark as his newly heightened senses tell him where to go.

His bare feet slide through the dirt and the leaves as he skids to a stop, staring up at the familiar jacket hanging from a tree branch. His pointed ears pick up on the nearly inaudible footsteps and a growl sounds from his chest as he recognizes the scent.

"Where is she?" He calls, voice slightly deeper than usual.

"She's safe. From you." The calm voice seems to echo around the teen and he whips his head around, trying to find the source.