10

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6mFEHVtzMsO95MHOvPR4R8?si=6v0vIsCNQ3WqyQQ5muFevA&dd=1

I technically missed the last 2 updates. Oops. Anywho, I made a Spotify playlist for the Mama Hale series. It's got the songs listed in the official playlist along with a bunch of other songs I felt fit Lyrica and Derek, or the vibe of the story, or the relationships between the characters, stuff like that. Link is above. And, as always, the link for my discord server is at the end of the chapter. Enjoy. <3

(3rd P.O.V.)

"It-It was you that day. I always wondered what happened to those neighbors." Stiles stutters, and Lyrica hears more than sees the sheriff stop the recording device. "Dad, why did you turn them away?"

"Stiles, you have to understand. It was right after your mother, and I wasn't in the right place mentally-"

"Why would that matter if you had already cheated on her numerous times?!" Stiles exclaims, whirling on his father. "You were dating mom when you cheated and Lyrica was born. Then you got married and had me with Mom. And then you cheated again? Dad, how could you?! You said you loved her!"

"I did love her!" The sheriff yells back, jumping to his feet and slamming his hands on his desk. "I will always love her. It was a mistake, Stiles. I never meant for it to happen."

"If you didn't mean for it to happen, why did you do it again after the first time?" Stiles practically sneers, his rage growing and growing.

"I-"

"And if you knew about them," Stiles continues, cutting him off yet again. "Why did you turn them away? Why would you turn away your own flesh and blood?!"

"Because he didn't believe her." Lyrica speaks up for the first time since the revelation, both males having practically forgotten she was there. "My mother rarely ever actually told the truth about anything. She's a terrible person with an exceptional talent for manipulating people into believing whatever she wants them to believe. She loved to play the victim, especially if she got what she wanted from doing so. For all your father knew when we showed up on his doorstep, my mother could have just made the story up for fun."

"So you're defending him?" Stiles frowns, hot tears brimming his eyes. "You were alone and trying to raise a kid at 14 because he couldn't be bothered to actually find out if you were his. You wouldn't have gone through all of the crap you did if it weren't for him! You would have had a home and a childhood instead of working and taking care of bills and your brother!"

"And I also wouldn't have met my amazing husband." Lyrica points out, crossing her arms. "Look, I'm not trying to defend him. I'm trying to help you understand. If you had my mother in your life, especially as a parental figure, right after losing your own mother, your life would have been hell. I can't be mad at Noah because of his decision. Do I think it was stupid for him to do both as a father and as a police officer to turn away two abused children? Yes. But I'm not mad about it because it let me escape with my brother and give him a chance at being a happy kid with no worries, which he was. And I got to meet my husband who cared for both me and Hunter like we were his whole world. And I met his older sister, Laura, who was nothing less than an older sister to me. I met my family because your father turned us away, Stiles. I would have loved to have known you growing up, Stiles, and I would still love to get to know you, not as teacher and student, but as sister and brother. But the past is just that. We can't change our actions, only make up for them."

Both males are silent, the sheriff now back in his chair with his face in his hands, and Stiles with his arms crossed but a hand over his mouth as tears pour down his face.