19

This chapter is kind of everywhere, so have fun lmao.

(3rd P.O.V.)

Lyrica tenses as she catches a familiar scent in the house, silently allowing her claws to extend as she creeps down the hall, carefully taking the stairs and allowing her feet to lead her to her husband's office.

The intruder stands in front of one of the several bookshelves, a book in his hand open to one of many pages.

"What the hell are you doing here?" The woman snarls and the male ignores her, his fingertips gingerly tracing over one of the many pictures in the photo album in his hands.

"It's been well over a decade since I've heard that lullaby." He speaks, slowly looking up from the pictures and to the woman. "Never imagined that the next time I heard it would be coming from my nephew's mate to their teenage son."

"Get. Out." She snarls once more, her blue eyes glowing as her anger rises.

"You really are meant for him. You've got matching anger issues to go with your rings."

"I'll tear your throat out and I won't even bat an eye." She steps further into the room and Peter finally gives in.

"You have a lead on where Derek is. I want to find him just as badly as you do."

"You have no clue what I want."

"We both know you're held back by your son. If it wasn't for him, you'd be out 24/7 until you found him." Peter sets the album on the desk and leans against the surface, crossing his arms. "I don't have the same restraints as you. The only thing stopping me from hunting him down is my lack of leads. Which you have. So why don't we help each other?"

"Why would I ever help you? You're a murderer."

"Yet you're the one with blue eyes." He smirks.

"You want to talk eye color? Really?" She raises a brow. "Seriously Peter, get the hell out."

"Well that's no way to speak to family."

"You're entirely right. It's a good thing you're not family, then."

"Your mate and I are blood, Lyrica." Peter takes a step closer, trying to intimidate the woman.

"Blood doesn't mean family." She practically spits the words out. "There's a small part of me that's glad you're out of your state, Peter. Because no matter how much you've done to him, Derek still cares about you. You were his best friend once. But that is the only thing preventing me from staining this carpet with your blood. You murdered so many people, innocent or not. And you killed my best friend, your niece. I'll find my husband one way or another, but you will get nothing from me. So leave."

Both adults are silent, staring each other down before Lyrica moves, allowing the alpha access to the doorway. He watches her a moment longer before moving, slowly exiting the room. The beta follows him, ensuring he actually leaves her home. After his footsteps get too far for her enhanced hearing to pick up, she locks the door and climbs the stairs, exhaustion pulling at her eyes.

-----------------------------------------

The next day Stiles Stilinski is anxiously pacing his bedroom with his phone in hand. His mind hadn't stopped reeling since his father's drunken rambles several nights prior, and he knew the adult was right. Stiles desperately wanted a relationship with his sister, but he was far too scared to actually reach out. A small part of his mind knew he logically had nothing to worry about. The woman was a walking saint and wouldn't turn him down if he reached out, but the fear of rejection was overpowering logic at the moment. He had spent all night trying to think of a way to strike up a conversation with her, until he came to the conclusion that there was no other option but to just blatantly ask. He wanted to wait until the right time but upon waking that morning, his father reminded him that he had to go to the mall to find an outfit for the upcoming winter formal.