Chapter 47

Two years later...

Standing in front of the flower shop, I'm thinking what flowers should I buy.

Does she like red roses or tulips? Red or pink ones?

I didn't have the chance to ask her. Noong huling beses na binigyan ko siya ay hindi niya naman nabanggit kung paborito niya ang bulaklak na bigay ko.

Dalawang taon na rin pala ang nakakalipas.

It feels like it just happened yesterday.

The pain, it's still here deep down to my heart. That morning was so hard to forget. It was like I died that night too.

I swallowed the lump in my throat before tears start to fall and took a deep breath.

I missed her so much.

I miss her smiles.

I miss her voice.

Funny, but I miss her curses too.

I miss hugging her, kissing her, I miss everything about her.

Pagkatapos kong bumili ay naghanap na rin ako ng bilihan ng mga kandila. I forgot to buy one. 

Malapit na ring dumilim ang paligid since it's almost 6 PM.

I know that no one knows I'm coming home. At mas pinili ko nalang na puntahan si Mawi pagkalapag na pagkalapag palang ng chopper na sinakyan ko.

It's been 2 months since I stayed in Russia to deal with my business there.

Two years is long. Long enough to heal. To arrange things, to have a new life. But even if how long two years is, I couldn't find myself forgetting about what happened that night. It traumatized me, maybe. And everytime I think about it, it really hurt me still.

She's my peace everytime I'm having a hard time. Noong nasa Pilipinas pa ako lagi ko siyang pinupuntahan, kakausapin saglit and I restored my energy just like that.

And I haven't done that in a while. Two months is still long as well. And I missed my Tangi so much.

So here I am, I'm going to see her with a bouquet of roses with tulips and a candle.

I drove fast just to get there on time.

After an hour I reached my destination.

It was a huge field. Maraming tao din ang nandito.

Umupo ako at inilapag ko sa tabi ko ang bulaklak na dala ko.

I just looked at her name, ran my thumb to it and smiled. I'm sure she's very happy right now.

I felt my chest tightened. She has come a lot. And if only she hears my thoughts right now, she'll know how proud I am of her.

"I love you so much, Tangi." I whispered.

My mind started to wander.

I imagined her name being called on a stage to receive her diploma.Katulad nang kagustuhan niyang magtapos sa kolehiyo sa kursong Criminology.

Hands are clapping for her. Her smiles are radiant. Her fists throwing in the air while she's saying 'yes!'

I laughed a little. Walang pinagbago, she's still my Tangi.

I'm so happy that she's happy.

"Iba talaga ang nagagawa ng pag-ibig, oo. Ngumingiti sa kawalan." I heard Hershel said.

"Palibhasa kasi ikaw puro ka pasarap lang." Daryl answered.

Katabi ko na pala ang dalawa. Kasabay ko silang lumapag kanina but I left them in the building. Nauna na ako.