𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

suddenly jolting awake after a dreamless sleep, winona realised how she slept that night.

entangled with george clarke.

she quickly and carefully got everything from the night before and put it in the kitchen, beginning to wash everything up.

her door creaked and she heard footsteps stop at the dining table. "morning." she said.

"good morning." george responded. "what happened last night?"

turning around after putting the dishes on the rack, she thought on it, "we watched a movie and then fell asleep, i'm pretty sure." "so nothing bad happened?"

she shook her head and checked her phone. "nope. wait, did you think-"

george's eyes went wide, "oh my god, no. no, no. i didn't."

winona nodded, walking to the table to sit down with george. "do you want to record a video in my room today? we can film something for your channel aswell? i have spare toiletries and while you're getting ready, i can quickly pop around to the corner store and find you some clothes."

"that's oddly convenient but that would be good. i do need a shower."

winona looked back, "yeah, you stink." george scoffed playfully. "i'm joking. i'll be back. there's fresh fluffy towels in the linen cupboard in the bathroom and i have extra toiletries, face wash, all basic bathroom shit in the third draw down. go have fun.

"oh, there's also a creeper hamper in the corner of the bathroom." "a creeper hamper?" "jack picked it."

with a simple shrug, she left. george figured he should get ready.

walking into the bathroom, he set his vision immediately on the creeper hamper and smiled to himself. going to the linen cupboard, he got a random towel and got out the toiletries he needed.

winona got back from the store quicker than she thought and heard the shower still going. she folded the clothes and slipped them onto the bathroom bench, unbeknownst to george.

sitting on the lounge and looking to her phone, she opened tiktok and george clarkey popped up right on her fyp. first video, aswell.

all of her surroundings suddenly went quiet as she watched the video progress. it was with his friend, arthur hill.

"you seem very enthralled in my tiktok." the brunette female jumped at the words. looking up, she had her hand on her chest.

"you prick, you fucking scared me." "and i got it on video aswell. that's a right good tiktok there."

winona laughed to herself before swiping past the tiktok. "you didn't like it?" "i just don't like the guy." "proper annoying, isn't he?"

"oh, arthur seems like a great guy." george nudged her and she cracked. "i'm joking, you're a great guy too." winona reassured him, hand going to his chest.

after a second of staring at eachother, george grabbed his phone and showed her the footage of her being scared.

"with a bit of editing, this'll be good to go. you're alright with me posting it?" "dude, it's funny. go ahead. do we want to record something?"

george nodded and winona strided into jacks room and grabbed his chair, rolling it into her room.

"take a seat. what do we want to react to?"

after finishing both recordings, winona began the long and tedious editing process. hers would take two to three days to edit and she would send george's video to him. she had the backrooms video on schedule for uploading tonight so she uploaded it early.

when it had finished uploading, she had gotten a call. walking out, it was a british number. one she didn't recognise.

"hello?"

the voice on the other line immediately made winona annoyed. "hi mum."

"hello sweetheart, how've you been?" "don't ask me that." she said, excusing herself. "i invited you to my big debut to perform live as a musical artist, i asked you where you were and you don't respond?"

winona started pacing, "and now, three days later, you call and ask how i've been. that makes me feel worthless to you, ma."

"winny, we-" "it's winona. you don't get to call me that."

with more arguing, george watched from the doorway. "look, i'll call you whenever i feel like being ignored. bye mum."

winona sat down on the lounge and began to shake a little. george walked over, "hey, winona..."

she looked up and sighed, breath shaking, "sorry you had to hear that." "don't be sorry at all. look at me for a second."

they stayed silent for a few seconds before george silently asked winona for a hug.

they stayed like that for god knows how long and winona sniffed, "you are a gem, george clarke."

"that's what friends are for, winona."

friends, thought the girl.

that's all they were going to be.

finn speaks
heart broken rn don't even talk to me