𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

"hello everybody, just a reminder that you can go stream my new album, nonsense, on all your favourite music platforms now. i do hope you enjoy!" winona posted to her instagram story.

she turned off her phone and went onto discord, dming the only person who could help her have some fun.

"lewis, you up to record a scary game with me?"

"i can stream it?" "hell yeah. let's play some scary games."

winona started the recording and did her intro before lewis started the stream.

the two started everything before winona took a cheeky gander at the notification that just came up.

lewisbuchan
playing spooky games with winona.

pulling up his chat and muting it, she tried calling to chat, "hi chat, can you all hear me?"

yesses ran through and she laughed, "chat, you guys should all follow and sub to lewis. he would love that. also, you guys should definitely stream my new album. jason derulo sings in it. you'd all enjoy it."

the chat kept running with jason derulo's name and winona laughed as lewis was confused.

"why the fuck is jason derulo being spammed in chat. winona, what did you do?"

"told them about the feature in my newest song from my latest album."

the two bickered before winona read out chat. "winona, you should stream aswell. no, i can't, i'm recording. i don't stream but you know what is streamable? my new album."

lewis laughed as the two loaded in. "right, are we ready to escape the backrooms?"

"no." lewis said.

winona looked to the stream and smiled, "i'll be with you the entire time, lewis. let's do this."

they spawned in the game.

winona and lewis, after three hours, had finally finished the dog room. "did we just spend three hours doing that dumb ass station level?" "we did. i'm going to cry."

she felt like she was going to aswell. "well, it's finally done. do we leave it there?" "yes, oh my god."

winona watched him gulp, "i'm gonna do my outro, right?" lewis nodded, "right okay, chat? say hi to youtube!" she beamed to lewis' chat.

with a breath, she smiled to her camera, "thank you all for watching this. i'm not sure if this series will continue but i'd love to get more people on board and it could be a whole thing. thank you lewis for staring as my fellow gamer-"

"more like gaymer." the two shared a laugh and she finished the outro. then lewis wished his chat a goodbye and lewis stopped the stream. winona's phone went off and she wished a farewell to lewis before making sure she had footage.

she quickly shot him a message, asking if, when he could, he could send a copy of his stream so she could edit it.

winona sighed in the lonely space she couped herself in.

ruffles laid beside her, completely knocked out from the high energy she attended to a few minutes earlier.

laying down on her bed, winona turned to netflix in her lonesome time of need. flicking through bo burnhams discography, make happy caught her eye.

it was her favourite, after all.

the familiar opening scene was comfort to her. she related to the way bo did his day to day tasks as a clown. she felt like a clown sometimes so it was nice to know she wasn't alone.

and ever since the pandemic hit, it was a little funny.

the intro then came around to the really pumped up beat that she smiled at.

ruffles soon woke up from that same upbeat sound and almost jumped. winona scratched behind his ears, bringing it down to his chin.

ruffles then ram off and winona fed him before coming back and watching the special.

winona listened to bo sing about pringle cans and scrolled through her phone, the special becoming background noise to her.

as she sank into her bed, winona put her phone down and just held her face in her hands for a second.

she just felt bored.

the familiarity of bo's opening notes to are you happy began as she watch the sun being close to set.

it was extremely pretty, given the sky's light fading away.

she would probably fall asleep after this, winona was fairly tired.

pretty soon, the words bo sang brought winona into a moment of slight existential dread. she felt she heavily related with the lyrics yet could only listen.

on a scale from one to two now, are you happy?
you're everything you hated, are you happy?
hey, look ma, i made it.

are you happy?

finn speaks
writing these short chapters are going to ACTUALLY be the death of me because i want them to be long but this is quite literally the chapter before the plot moves to something fun.