𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

tw: brief emetaphobia. i've tried to make the descriptions very scarce but there's still mentions of it.

winona looked in the mirror, jack behind her. "you look fucking stunning, nona. black is your colour." "good thing i wear it so much. let's go?" "lets."

the two made their way to jacks car, are you sure you'll be alright?" "yep. i've got transport sorted and everything, don't worry."

walking to the boathouse, photos were taken before george immediately spotted the brunette. "winona!" he had a drink in his hand.

"oh- george! you aren't drunk yet, are you?"

george smiled, looking down at winona, "nope." he popped the p as the two went to the drinks table so winona could get something for herself.

"one vodka lemon please." looking around as she waited, she was jumpscared with max and george's face, "what the fuck, your face is everywhere."

he nodded as he watched winona sip on her drink.

music was playing and winona was off to find max.

"max?" she tapped on a shoulder.

"oh my god, winona, right?" his accent made her laugh. "i've heard too much about you."

"george has told me so much about you. it's awesome to finally meet you." they hugged and winona took another sip of her drink.

george came over to join the conversation and soon, george and winona were on the floor, dancing.

"can i just say, you look really good in that dress," george whispered down to winona and she felt weird. a good weird.

"th- thank you, george." she smiled slightly.

she looked at him, the alcohol numbing her brain. she held his shoulders for two reasons; to keep herself steady.

and to have a right excuse to keep looking at george.

"you suddenly look nervous, nona." he said, lowly.

she nodded, the words hanging. "i think it's the alcohol."

she felt both herself and george bring eachother closer and max was secretly filming this whole exchange.

"you smell like chocolate and peppermint." george smiled.

"you smell like wood and strawberry's." they both looked up at eachother and winona didn't want this moment to end.

but she quickly held her hand to her mouth as she made a short trip to the bathroom, letting go of everything in the toilet.

the music was now muffled as he head hung in the toilet seat. a knock came through and winona looked up to see george standing at the doorway.

"was the sight of me that bad?" he joked.

winona weakly laughed at his joke before she had to look down again, feeling sick and a little woozy. george ran over and held her hair up.

winona, pale, looked up.

"i'm sorry this is how your evening is going." she admitted. "i would love to still have been out there dancing and having max film us." she casually said, max not knowing that she knew.

"hey, don't worry about it, winona." she appreciated his presence. "this wasn't my ideal situation but it's definitely better than being out there."

"i thought you would have loved to be surrounded by drunk people, dancing their absolute tits off!" "believe me, it was a difficult decision. i think i made the right one, though."

the two laughed and winona readjusted herself to empty the remainder of what was left into the toilet bowl. she flushed the toilet and immediately got a wet wipe from her bag, to wipe the remains from her mouth.

"god, that was just awful." she said, watching george spray the area with air freshener. "i'm still sorry you had to watch me spill my guts."

george shook his head, "i'm not letting you apologise for something you couldn't control. it's natural and happens to the best of us."

winona checked her phone and saw a few different notifications. she cancelled them all off and slipped it in her handbag.

"i think you should take it easy now." george said as winona held his arm lightly. she looked up at him, soberness slowly seeping through.

"i have to perform though. can i take it easy after i sing?"

george gave winona a bit of a silly but understanding look. "sure. you should probably go and finish setting up then."

george watched winona walk off, meeting with the crew.

soon everything had quieted down and winona smiled into the microphone. "hi everybody! it's so good to finally be able to meet every single one of you!"

she heard the soft strums of a guitar and looked around. "i am going to be singing a song from my favourite musical, chicago. it's called roxie."

the band began and she slipped the microphone in the stand. it was easier for her to sing if winona didn't hold anything.

she was able to move her hands and that meant she was able to concentrate.

"the name on everybody's lips is gonna be roxie. the lady rakin' in the chips is gonna be roxie. i'm gonna be a celebrity, that means somebody everyone knows. they're gonna recognise my eyes, my hair, my teeth, my boobs, my nose."

people started to yell cheers and squeals, showing their support.

winona responded by holding a thumbs up.

"from just some dumb mechanics wife, i'm gonna be roxie. who says that murders not an art?" the piano was pleasant, "and who, incase she doesn't hang, can say she started with a bang? roxie hart."

winona walked off the mini stage, after singing her heart out, and almost fell into george's arms, "now i can take it easy."

finn speaks!!
thank you all for 800 reads : )) it means so much more than y'all could even know haha.