2. the board

"wake up....

wake up...!!

WAKE THE HELL UP!!"

"Damn okay bitch."
"Good! I want to go around the city we're in." "It's like 6 am???" "No it's 6:48 am!"

I got up and started to get ready for what I know will be such a long day out with Mikey. Soon enough, we were leaving our room. We both wore our regular clothes because neither of us get as recognized as Frank and especially Gerard. One of the blessings that comes with not being a fan favorite.

We were walking past the many rooms until we were met with Gerard. He looked calmer than last night.
"y/n, I need to speak to you real quick before you and Mikey go screw shit up." Mikey flipped him off but walked off to the lobby muttering that he'll meet me there.

"What's up?" He gave me a weird look and sighed in what seemed to be frustration. "Look, with the black parade coming to an end, I was thinking about what our next moves would be as a band..." "Sick, so what are you thinking of?" He paused. My stomach started to drop. "Well, you've been dragging us down. I honestly can't stand looking at you, let alone sharing a stage with you. I just want you to think about leaving the band, for our sakes." He gave me a fake smile and patted my back and he walked away towards his room.

I turned and watched him walk away from me.

I started crying but did my best not to make any noise. I slowly slid down the wall next to me and just started sobbing into my hands. I was careful of course, didn't want to ruin my eyeliner (omfg). I felt as if someone was watching me. I looked around but saw no one. I got up and walked towards to lobby.

Mikey was playing with his shoe laces. Once he saw me, he immediately ran to me and gave me a hug. I started laughing. "What's up your ass?" "Your eyes are blood shot and I know you don't dabble in any drugs." "Shit, is it noticeable?" "Extremely." I laughed as we walked outside to the cab waiting for us.

Mikey must have already told the driver where he wanted to go because in a few minutes later we were there. I got out of the car and looked up.

"Garry's Gold Pawn Shop"

"Wtf, why'd you want to come here?" "I dunno I heard they had some pretty cool vintage D&D stuff..." "Very well then."

Once we got inside we were hit with a such a vicious fume that you could practically see it. We asked the poor teenager sitting behind the counter where any board games would be. I wasn't really paying too much attention until I finally met eye to eye with him. He had his mouth open. "Uh, are you good man?" Shit.

"OH MY FUCKING GOD!"

"Woah woah, kid, relax!" "Please no one's supposed to know we're here!" The teenager nodded, I guess trying to compose himself. "Alright, but you gotta sign some things for me...please?"

Mikey and I spent the next 15 minutes signing whatever the kid wanted. Though, neither of us were complaining. It always felt good to know people cared about us. Eventually we were done and the kid gave us a quick hug and led us to the board game section.

"The fuck?" "Where's the D&D shit?" "Ohh that's why y'all are here... yeah there's this guy with a neck beard who comes in three times a week to check out what D&D stuff has been brought in." "Damn..."

"Don't worry though, we have other stuff like-" he grabbed a board game that had a 80s font on it.

"Therapy by Force"

"Hm...nah." Mikey started walking away and right when I was about to join the kid spoke again. "Wait, you two know people usually disappear when playing it?" To no surprise, Mikey stopped and did a full 180.

"Hm lemme see!" "Why do they disappear?" "Supernatural stuff, sometimes they come back it depends. They're the same as they were when they played but the world is different or some shit. But apparently they were happy afterwards." "Why wouldn't they be happy to begin with?" "I dunno, you're supposed to play it if something's worrying you or making you depressed and shit."

Mikey and I did a quick glance at each other before I grabbed the box and walked to the counter to buy it.