4. we aren't posers!

(this chapter is dedicated to my friend; she's having a rough day)

The stench was excruciating to bare. The flashlight kept flickering. It'd stay on for a moment and it'd be off for the next. "y/n, what the hell happened?" I paused and turned to face him. The flashlight had stopped working at that point. I could only see a dark figure in replace of him. "I...I don't know." I paused again. What else I am supposed to say?

"Maybe this is a test?" I started. "For what?" "If we're worthy of being happy or something?" I tried, but we both knew it was no use. We knew that board game had done something but we weren't sure what it was. Mikey took a big breath and said, "Do you think it was because we guessed what we were supposed to do at the end?" I looked back again and the flashlight started to flicker over his face.

He was shaking, heavily. His glasses were faintly fogged up, with his eyelashes wet and sticking together. I pulled him closer to me, and lead us to the staircase. It took us serval minutes getting down from the fifth floor to the first.

There was a faint light coming towards the center of the hall we finally reached. Mikey gripped my hand hard as we both started running towards the light. We were both grateful that our time being in this hotel from hell was almost over. Once we reached the lobby though, I hesitated going out.

Most the windows were boarded up but, you could still see out of some of them. Mikey tried to open the door until I stopped him. "Wait..." He looked back at me with confusion on his face. "y/n, we're almost out of here!" "I...I know. But, there wasn't a gas station in front of the hotel..." He looked closer through the boarded up door and said, "Uh, well, shit....do you think we're in another dimension?"

I looked at him and then at the gas station. "Who knows, but you're right. We are almost out." I started grabbing the boards, trying to break the door open. He quickly joined in again. Soon enough, we were out.

We spent the past 40 minutes in that hell hole. Our eyes we so adjusted to the dark, they started to water once we were let out. After we got far enough from the hotel, I turned back to see what had become of the nice place where we had just spent the night before.

Almost all of the windows were either cracked, broken, or boarded up. There was tons of guitar picks, flowers, cards, and spray painted words and symbols everywhere. Eerily enough, the phrases were things like, "missing you, Mikey!" "come home soon, y/n" And the symbols were our band's logos.

There were a few drawing of the both of us. I picked one up. It had Mikey and I together. In it, we were up on stage with us singing with some of the lyrics of "To the End" at the top of it. Mikey went up to me and I showed it to him. He smiled until his eyes widened and showed me the picture again.

"What the fuck is that?" I gave him a puzzled look. I wasn't sure what he was talking about. "What is what?" He let out a frustrated groan and said, "The date, y/n! Look at the date!" I grabbed the drawing again and scanned it for the date. My gut dropped.

On the bottom right corner of the drawing, was a few small, tiny, numbers. It read, "3/31/23"

My mouth was gapping as I looked back up at Mikey. He looked just as confused and scared as I must have been. I slowly folded up the drawing, and placed it in one of the many pockets of my cargo pants.

"HEY!" We turned and on the other end of the street, where the new gas station was. The only people we could see were two teen girls getting out of the gas station. One was a blue haired goth, and the other was a pretty blond. Interesting combination. Though, they were dressed odd.

"THATS MY DRAWING YOU WHORE! ITS NOT FOR YOU TWO!"

But, it had us on it?

Before we could respond, the blue one ran up with the blond one following close behind. The blue one stopped though, just about three feet away from us. "Wait, aren't those the people you drew?" The blond one said. She had a kind voice. The blue switched her gaze from me to Mikey and vis versa.

"I- I!" "Nate, I thought you said they were missing?" My eyes widened at what the blue haired one said next.

"They were."