21. the start of something new

2k words for 2k reads. thank you all <3

The crowd went insane.

They got louder than my piano, so I paused.
Flashing lights were all I could see. I just stared as I took of my ear piece to really hear them. Chants of my name were made, people were crying, there was a lot going on.

But, it's only me?

I couldn't help but get emotional with them. A minute had passed and they seemed to calm down, as calm as a crazy crowd could get. I saw Gerard beaming in the wings of the backstage. They just motioned for me to continue after they blew a kiss my way. I tried my best not to look flustered on stage, but with the heavy face paint, it wasn't too hard.

I continued playing. Restarting the second verse. Of all the shows I've played, all the times I've sang this specific song, I've never sung it with so much emotion. I've never forced my voice to get louder and strained. But today was different.

By the time I got to the end, I had shocked myself with how I was playing the song. I guess the crowd was even more shocked, as if they couldn't get anymore surprises. I finished the song and got up from my piano.

The crowd got loud again.

I got close to the fans, a good foot and a half of space was between the stage and the front of the pit. The guys started getting back onto the stage, getting their instruments and what not ready. I sat myself near the edge and reached for the hands of crying people. I went around the front, still on the stage, holding people's hands briefly, giving them smiles, crying with them.

Id never felt so good at a show. They really did care about me. And that felt amazing.

I shook it off, blowing a kiss, inspired by Gerard's gesture, to crowd. I turned around and got my keytar's strap on me. Gerard was just smiling as he watched me. I went up close to him and whispered, "You gotta act like Im not the love of your life." He got red and laughed. Again, the crowd went insane, not knowing the context, just seeing us getting along.

Throughout the show, it became evident to the fans and general public that Mikey and I were definitely back, we knew the lyrics, and dare I say, made them better, to danger days, and Gerard and I were at least friends again. Friends. For now, we're just friends to them.

Eventually the show ended. Mikey and I bowed at the front of the stage before leaving. We were the last ones off. He put an arm around me and said, "That was amazing!" I turned to him, he was off the walls with happiness. "I know it was! You were awesome out there!" He smiled nodded. "So were you..." He stoped me midway on our journey to our dressing rooms.

"I'm sorry for how shitty I've been with you. It wasn't... fair to you, or Gerard. I was just scared I guess? I thought you were just finding a way of self destruction by dating my brother. And... I didn't want to support that. But, I've been proven wrong, and I'm sorry." 

After all the emotions of the night, I found myself sobbing off my already kind of destroyed makeup. I gave him a huge hug as I sobbed into his chest. Things were good. We were friends again. Everything was great. And I was so happy.

We went out separate ways when we got to the dressing rooms. I knocked on Gerard's, because I didn't use my own, and was let in almost immediately. He saw me and instantly got worried. I was confused at first, until I remembered my eyes were bloodshot and my makeup was not only ruined, but also had tear stains.

He asked me the basics, like what happened? What's wrong? Are you okay? I explained it all to him. He was happy for me. I started wiping off my makeup as he just started talking about the show. He was just laying on the couch. Once I got done, he reminded me of something I said.