3. did we go to hell?

"-so, anyway. We're gonna test it out tonight." Mikey went on and on about the board game. We tired to find a ton of information on it but just missing cases were reported. A few came back a couple weeks after playing the game while other players came back years later.

Frank, Mikey and I, all thought it was just bullshit. Frank wanted to do it but he already had plans with Bob and Gerard. He just sighed and left without too much of a fight. He looked pretty disappointed though.

The board said we needed candles but, we're aren't allowed to have any open flames in our hotel room. So, Mikey and I bought some mini flashlights and formed a small circle of them around us. "Alright so, it says we have to pick a number and take turns rolling the dice. Whoever rolls the number first goes and tells the board...uh wait a sec." I couldn't read what that last part said.

Mikey grabbed it and couldn't really figure it out either. Didn't know why we thought he could solve it. After about 5 minutes of frustration, we just decided that it said something about saying what's bothering you in your life and then the other player does the same. Then you hold hands like people do in those ghost hunting shows, close your eyes, and count to ten together.

"...okay, you can choose the number," Mikey started. "I guess I'll pick 3." He nodded and we took turns rolling. Mikey rolled it first. "Uh, shit. I dunno..." He looked up and sighed. "I wish my brother trusted me, like when we were growing up. And I guess I felt a more secure about myself....uh. That's all I guess?"

I stayed silent for a little bit. I wasn't really sure what I wanted. Well, I knew wanted Gerard to actual like me. But, would that solve all my problems? Maybe, I wish I was liked by more people? Perhaps, I'm thinking too hard. Even Mikey's giving me weird looks, which takes a lot.

"Uh, I guess I wish I was less worthless? Especially by Gerard's standards. I wish he liked me, but as long as I made him and others happier, I'd be happier." Mikey gave me a look of sympathy before closing his eyes and grabbing my hands. I quickly did the same.

"One."

"Two."

"Three."

"Four."

"Five."

"Six."

"Seven."

"Eight."

"Nine."

"Ten."

We still had our eyes closed. I heard Mikey let out a big breath. "Do you feel any different?" I asked. "No, not really." "Yeah me too." "I'm gonna open my eyes." Before I could say anything, I heard him yell, "WHAT THE FUCK?" His hands started shaking while they were still holding mine. I quickly opened my eyes and got into utter shock.

We were in our hotel room. But it looked horrible. The beds next to us were bare and had many stains. The walls and furniture were covered with dust and cobwebs. The only light coming into the room was from the window in front of us with cracks on it. If that wasn't enough, there was no board game, many of the flashlights were missing and our suit cases were gone too. We quickly got up.

"Oh my god, Mikey! What the hell happened?" "...I don't know y/n!" "Okay okay, let's calm down for a sec..." We were both breathing heavily. I pulled him into a hug and said, "It'll be okay, we just gotta find the staircase and leave through the lobby, that's easy right?" He took a big breath and let it out a few moments later. "...yeah, okay."

I picked up one of the flashlights under the desk we were sitting in. I turned it on, but it barely worked! Why though, we just bought them, and they were working great earlier? I grabbed his hand and we walked through the door.