12. what the f?

The next day after Gerard and I started dating, we decided to tell Mikey. I was mostly nervous but shockingly, Gerard wasn't. "I told him last night that I love you." He shrugged his shoulders, "So, it's not like it's going to be a big deal." I frowned, "But he doesn't know how I feel..." Gerard grabbed my hand and squeezed it tightly. It felt nice, but it didn't stop my gut from churning.

I was making them both breakfast and was halfway done by the time Mikey came down. He still had his pajamas on and his glasses were foggy. He sat on the floor next to me, grabbed my leg and held it as he leaned onto me. Although he's done this many times in the past, it felt odd. Probably because I'm dating his brother. I tried to move but he wouldn't let go.

"The fuck, y/n?" He spoke softly. I started stuttering. I tried to explain why I was trying to move but he spoke before I could get it out. "Ugh, is this about Gerard? I dunno what he told you but it's okay to turn him down. I know I've joked about you flirting with him and stuff but come on! You've got more self respect than to get with him."

"No, I don't." I said softly.

He looked up at me confused, he was about to speak before Gerard walked into the kitchen. I tired to telepathically tell him the situation, but he was too dense for that. "What are you doing, babe?" He said, giving me a weird smile. "Making breakfast?" I smiled back gently. He walked towards Mikey and I.

I felt Mikey grip my leg tighter than before.

Gerard place a quick, innocent kiss on my lips and skipped off to sit at the table. Mikey was holding my leg tighter than ever. The food was done so I quickly turned off the stove. I was too distracted with the food that I didn't notice Mikey letting go of me and standing up.

Out of no where, Mikey grabbed my arm and lead me outside Gerard's house. I just decided to stay silent until he was satisfied with our location. He found a little bench away from the house. It was hidden by bushes and trees. He sat me down but stayed standing.

"Y/N! WHAT THE FUCK?!" He started pacing.

"HE'S FORTY!"

"Yeah, I'm also an adult."

"HE'S ALSO MY BROTHER-"

"You didn't have a problem with the idea of us being together before mcr?"

"I DIDN'T HAVE A PROBLEM BEFORE HE HURT YOU, Y/N!"

I opened my mouth to defend myself but I immediately closed it once I saw he started tearing up. He usually did this when he got really frustrated. I decided to just listen to what he needed to say.

"y/n, you're my best friend. He's my brother, and although I love him and want him to be happy, he does not deserve you. You deserve someone who didn't spend years treating you like utter shit because they were a fucking pussy!"

"I know, but-"

"BUT NOTHING, Y/N!"

"MIKEY, WHAT THE HELL?!" He stoped in his tracks.

"I know he use to treat me like that, but for him it's been years since he acted that way. You and I both can tell he's changed for the better. My relationship with Gerard is the best it's ever been! Your relationship with him is the best it's been in years! Not to mention, I'm so happy, Mikey."

I sat up and gave him a hug.

"I know you are too," I continued. "It's gonna take some time to adjust, but please try with me. I'm not even 100% sure that Gerard will be a good partner, but I've waited long enough for him. Please don't let me wait for you too."