9. mikey, you have to be mario

2:57 am.

I was wide awake.

I knew I couldn't turn on the TV because everyone around my room is asleep, or at least should be. I whipped out my phone and decided to watch youtube. The whole platform has changed so much and it's quite fascinating. Thankfully, I remembered my "old" username and password for my account so I was able to sign in like the tech wizard boss ass bitch I was.

I decided to look through whatever popped up for me.
Nothing spoke to ticked my fancy though. I found myself growing frustrated. I needed to fulfill my boredom.

Then a sinister idea popped in my head.

I couldn't believe I haven't thought of it yet.

I pressed the little search icon and violently typed out:

"Gerard Way interview on y/n l/n"

I typed so hard that I was sure the people next to me could hear my nails tap against my screen like a rabid animal.  A few videos popped up but I decided to go with the first one. It was dated 12 years ago. The quality was poor but I wasn't complaining. Im fairly new to the higher end stuff now. Gerard looked different. He resembled himself from the 2008 version I new extremely well, but he had red hair. It was cute.

It started out like any interview.

The interviewer introduced Gerard. Gerard said thanks for having me. Blah blah blah. I NEEDED ANSWERS. So I skipped a little bit into the video. It was a 37 minute video after all. Finally, a little after the 19 minute mark the interviewer caught my attention.

"So Gerard, I know you have publicly spoken out on your thoughts and feeling on your talented brother and band mate, Mikey Way, missing." Gerard followed with a nod; his eyebrows raising slightly, putting a puzzled look on his face.

The interviewer continued, "But, everyone, myself included, is curious to know how you feel about your other band mate, y/n l/n. For those who don't know, she also disappeared with Mikey. And you always seemed to totally hate her!" He said that last part laughing lightly. "So please, if you can, what are your thoughts?"

Gerard took a bit to respond. He looked off in the distance as he ran his hand through his red hair. He repositioned himself onto the couch he was sitting on and finally spoke.

"I miss her." He started. He looked up and sighed. "I regret treating her so horribly. I- I started treating her that way once I hung out with her more and had to see her basically daily. So that was after the band formed. It was hard for me to be around her. Not because I didn't like her, but because she confused me. She's the nicest, most talented person, I've ever met. I hope I can tell her that soon." He got chocked up while talking about it.

I paused the video.

Well, that's a lot to take in. Whatever, my thoughts can wait. I gotta hear more.

"I see." The interviewer said. She changed her approach to a more sincere one. "Do you know why she confused you? Could you explain?" Gerard wiped his eyes and gave out a quick laugh. "Yeah, sure. Uh, well, ever since I've known her, she always made me so.... insecure? I guess? She was younger than me but way cooler. She was never one of the preppy kids in high school, but she got their respect which was huge. She always had something to do. She was in basically every club in school. And she did so much!"

He smiled and went on, "She even got Mikey to join the tennis team with her. She really could do anything. I guess she just made me nervous. I felt like I wasn't worthy to be around her lots of times because I was convinced she thought of me as a total loser. And I guess the thought of that consumed me and made
me treat her so bad once we started working together."