5. you two are old

We learned, via the blond haired girl, that her name was Emmanuel and the blue haired one was Nate. Nate was having a hard time talking to us. She seemed to be having a panic attack. Im not sure why.

Emmanuel started, "Don't mind her. She's just a huge fans of your band. And of course, we didn't plan on meeting you two." "GOSH DARN RIGHT WE DIDNT PLAN ON MEETING YOU GUYS!" "Watch it!" Emmanuel giggled at her erratic friend. "I don't get what the big deal is..." Mikey said.

Nate took in a big breath and said, "Look, I'm sure you two are very confused about the hotel and all this stuff around it." "Yeah, please explain!" I was practically on my knees.

"Long story short, you guys should have never played that board game." Emmanuel quickly followed with,"Yeah it's true, so many people went missing after playing it that it got banned in almost all countries." Mikey gave them a weird look and said, "How do you know we played that board game?" Nate's eyes saddened a little as she was thinking of what to say.

Emmanuel just stood there awkwardly. "Well," Nate was hesitant with her words. Like she was worried whatever she was about to say may traumatize us.

"To go in more detail, in March of 2008, you two went missing. You guys were last seen going into your hotel room. Frank recalled that you guys said you were gonna play that board game. Your band had dinner plans the evening you guys disappeared. Everyone was at the restaurant except you two, which they thought was weird, since y/n was notorious for being on time for things. So, your manager came up to your room, thanks to Ray's extra key, and you two were gone. There was a search party and everything but, it later became accepted that it was a superstitious thing that happened. And I mean accepted by all accounts."

She paused at our reactions. Mikey was pacing while she had talked while I just sat on the ground with my head tucked into my knees. "Do you need a second?"
"...no, please keep going." Mikey said. She nodded while Emmanuel went up to us and gave us a quick but soft pat on our backs.

"They took everything. They burned the game, they kept your belongings in your suitcases as evidence. All hope was kinda lost at you two returning, since you guys are the longest disappearance the game has made. Plus, no one wanted to stay at a hotel where a huge disappearance happened to two huge celebrities. So, they tour it down." I shot up, scaring Emmanuel and Nate in the process.

I screamed, even though I didn't mean to. I was just so scared. A part of me didn't want to believe this shit, but the other part kept looking at the hotel. What she was saying matched up. We did have dinner plans. Plus, that explained why the board game was gone, along with our stuff.

"I...I know it's hard to believe. But you two are apart of a huge missing persons case. If it makes you feel any better, you guys are like huge celebrities now!" Emmanuel probably meant to say that to boost our moral, but it really didn't work. Mikey has started tearing up and pacing more violently.

"Is the date on your drawing really real?" Mikey asked.

Nate and Emmanuel didn't answer. They looked at us, then at each other. "Maybe you two need a break. I mean, its a lot to process and all..." Nate tried, until Mikey just repeated the question again. He sounded so desperate that Nate gave in.

"Yes, it's 2023, like how it shows in the drawing. Uh, you two can keep that by the way." She gave out an uncomfortable short laugh, I guess to relieve the tension.

Mikey broke down. He went to his knees and started sobbing. I quickly grabbed and held him close to me. Nate whispered something to Emmanuel, and then she walked away from us pulling out a weird small mirror looking thing.

"Uh, look, I'm so sorry you guys had to find out from us. But don't worry! Emmanuel's on the phone right now with 911 and they're gonna help you two out." We both looked up at her as she reached in her bag and pulled out a pen. "Uh, can I see the drawing for a second?" I calmed myself down as I pulled it from my pocket. She grabbed it and turned it over to the back.

"I put my phone number on there if you ever need to talk." "Thanks..." Mikey said through heavy breathing.
"They said they'll be here soon, we can wait with you two if you want?" Emmanuel said coming back into the circle. I nodded and thanked them both. We sat down as Nate pulled out some drinks and snacks she must have bought at the gas station. She offered some, so Mikey took a coke, while I got a grape fanta.

"This shit both tastes and looks different." Mikey said. "Well it has been 15 years!" Emmanuel laughed. The only one laughing with her was Nate. They must be bad at reading a room. Emmanuel noticed and slightly shoved Nate to stop. "Sorry!" They both said.

They were right though, both about it being 15 years, and they cops saying they'd be there soon. The cops pulled up and asked us to get in their vehicles. Mikey and I hesitated but what else were we supposed to do?

I thanked Nate and Emmanuel and was ready to turn to the vehicle until Nate stopped me. "Uh, wait!" I waited. "Uh, could I hug you two...? Im just so happy to see you guys! I've been a fan of your band since I was 11...and I never thought I'd be lucky to meet any of you guys. Especially my favorite members..."

Mikey was the first to give her a hug, then I followed. She gave us a toothy smile and then walked back with Emmanuel. Mikey and I finally got into the cops vehicle. As the driver pulled out, we turned our heads to see Emmanuel and Nate waving bye to us.

We spent the next 30 minutes in that car. They explained a more detailed version of what happened to us and what followed, though Nate's version was easier to understand. Mikey just held my shoulder and pressed me close to him. "Uh, we told your old manager you two returned. We're gonna release you guys to him after a month, since he has a contract with us. Plus, he was already living here, unlike your family and former band mates."

"Why do we have to wait a month to be released?!" I asked. "Are you stupid! It's been 15 years guys! Come on! Your manager is offering us good money to keep and teach you guys how to use the technology we have and give a history lesson."

Mikey gave out a dramatic sigh and nodded.