Chapter 2

It was a lazy summer day. You got out of bed at 8:30 and went to the kitchen to have breakfast. "Good morning y/n", your mom greeted. "Morning", you greeted back as you sat down. "Did you sleep well", she asked.

You nodded while eating. "That's good", she said. "I'm meeting my friends in the afternoon, you know that?", you asked. "Yes", she said, "So now you'll help me make lunch, ok?". You nodded again.

After breakfast, you got dressed and sat down in the living room to read a book. You didn't like to watch tv, especialy not at this time of day. After a while, your mom got ready as well and the two of you went out.

While walking trough a park to buy something for lunch, you saw a paper glued to a tree. On it was written "Have you seen him?". Under the question, there was a photo of a dog-looking creature with a red hat and a blue sweater, smiling at you. Under it was written "Now you have:) Your eyes have been blessed".

You backed away, suddenly feeling weak. "M...mom...", you said, pointing at the photo, "Look...". She turned her gaze towards it and frowned, "Y/n, that's a nonsense. You're too old for that, come on". She took your hand and you continiued walking.

You didn't know what was happening. Your heart was pounding at an enormous speed  and you were out of breath. Had your eyes really been blessed? Something about his smile...you didn't know. What you did know though, was that there were some creatures out there who made you feel like under a spell. And you had just seen one of them.

And you felt like that all the way to the store, and while you were there. You even went home the other way so you wouldn't see the photo again. "Y/n, this is a nonsense, we don't have to do this", your mom said, "That photo did you no harm, it only distracted you".

"It did, mom, it did", you said. She sighed, "Yeah, I can see. But you can't talk about it all the time now. What happened, happened. It's in the past now". You wished it was. You knew the photo still stood there, no matter what.

Luckly, the lunch helped you get off of thing for a while. After lunch, you went to take a nap. Bad idea. Because when you woke up, you felt confused. The memories just came flooding back to you. You slowly got up and looked at the time. You had to go, meet your friends as you had told your mom.

"Hey girls", you greeted. "Hey y/n", your best friend greeted back, "How are you?". You sighed, "Fine. Just taken a nap". You took her hand and all of you got going. You sat in a café with a beatiful view of the sea.

While looking at the sunset at one moment, you got that same wobbly feeling from earlier that morning. It made you sick and annoyed you. Why did that have to happen? "Uh...y/n?". You turned to your best friend's voice. "Oh, sorry", you chuckled, "Guess I got distracted a little".

"That way", you said as your best friend was walking you home. "Why?", she asked. You sighed, "There's this photo in the park that upsets me. Like, I feel weak, out of breath and my heart's pounding". "Ooh, it's probably a boy", she teased.

"That is the problem!", you exclaimed, "It is but not a human boy".  "Uh...what?", she asked. "Yes, that is the point", you said, "There are creatures who make you feel like you're under a spell. They even wrote 'Have you seen him?', above, and 'Now you have', smile, 'Your eyes have been blessed' under".

"Now that's weird", she said, "A cute litrle creature making you feel like under a spell...". Neither one of you knew the solution to this. You were reaching your home anyway and said your goodbyes once you came there. You went in and got ready for bed, feeling dreadful about the next day.