Chapter 8

The next morning, you woke up to find Wakko standing beside your bed. You smiled, "Good morning, you need anything?". "No", he said, "I was just watching you sleep". You could hardly hide your blushing, "Really?". "No, your mom told me to wake you up", he said. You frowned, "Did she also tell you that watching me sleep is an exuse?". Wakko nodded, "What? You'd really belive that was true?".

You got up and ran to find her. "Mom!", you exclaimed once you found her, "What're you doing to him?!". "Training him to be more caring and-". "That's my job!", you whisper-shouted, "And I say it's too early". "Ok, fine", she said, "Now go get Wakko and have breakfast". So you did. During breakfast you didn't say a word, like you had just been in an argument.

It was just that the whole thing was awkawrd. And you were being careful not to make Wakko think something that wasn't true. It was your mom who started it, anyway. So there was nothing to worry about. "Ok", you said, "I was thinking of playing some games" . "No", he shoock his head, "Don't try to-". But you had already disappeared into your room and came back with a rope.

Wakko stared at you in shock, "Are you...going to...wh-whip me?!". "No...", you say soothingly, giving him the cutest smile you could make, even though you knew it wasn't cuter than him. Wakko frowned again, "Don't smile at me like that, it looks awful". "I know", you said, "Ok, do you know how to play with this?".

Wakko nodded. So you tied one end to a chair and took the other. He jumped over it while you were spinning the other end that wasn't tied to the chair. It seemed that he was doing it more forcefuly than willingly. So at one moment, you stopped. "We don't have to do this if you don't want to". "What's the purpose of this anyway?", he asked. "For you to have fun, get some energy out and be happy for once", you replied.

"Under one condition", he added, "Don't try anything else after that". "Deal". It was a wonderful thing to watch such an adorable creature smiling and having fun. And so it went on like that for a few days. In the morning, he'd jump over the rope and you'd watch him slowly recover. While in the afternoon, you'd read to him, which he actually started enjoying. Yes, he loved you as a friend, and you were glad about it.

Still, you were well aware of finding him adorable and it annoyed you. You couldn't pretend he didn't notice, yet you couldn't ruin a friendship worth crying. Yes, it was true. The more you hid your feelings, the more you felt them. But you didn't want to hurt him. And that was your biggest concern. Every single day. You had to cope with it, if you wanted to get Wakko to move on with his life. To achieve that, the most important rule to you was to not lay a hand on him.

"Y/n...y/n". You shoock and opened your eyes. He was standing next to your bed again. "H-huh...?". You stared at him, wondering what was on his mind. "You screamed so hard, you woke everyone up", he whispered, "Are you ok?". You kept staring at him in shock, "What?". "And then, when we all came to your room, we heard you crying like someone had died".

"You all who?", you asked. "Your parents and me, who else?". Yes, that was true. You did that. But that it could be heard?! You sighed heavily, "Wakko...please don't bother. Go back to sleep now, ok?". He raised an eyebrow, but still did as you had told him.