Chapter 5

You sat the papers back on the coffee table and looked at Wakko. He was laying there on the couch, his back turned towards you. You sighed, he just looked so cute. You went to your room and put the matress back in it's place. Then you went back and sat on the couch next to him.

"Does it always happen like this?", you asked, stroking his head. "What?", he asked. "You know...paralysis, crying, trowing up...", you named it all. "Uh-huh", he just mumbled. You got up again and went into the kitchen to help mom. "How is he?", she asked.

You sighed, "Fine. Just laying there on the couch. Guess he needs to rest". "Of course he does", she said, "After what he's just gone trough". "I know...he just looks so cute...", you whispered. She giggled, "Yeah, I know how you feel". "But you said I should be careful", you said.

"Well that doesn't mean you can't feel anything", she said, "It's natural to feel that way, you just can't help it". "You're suggesting me to hurt myself", you said. "I'm not". "Yes you are". "Do you really want to get hurt?" "No!" "Then accept what you're feeling. You'll make it worse if you don't", your mom said, "The more you try to avoid it, the nore you feel it".

After lunch, you went to your room while Wakko was slowly finishing eating. "Are you always this slow?", your mom asked him. "Not at all", he said. Once he was done as well, he went to your room to see what was going on. He slowly opened the door and perked in. You were sitting in the middle of the room, crosslegged, your hands in your lap.

"Y/n...?", he asked, looking at you confused. You just waved your hand for him to leave. So he did. And sat on the couch, deep in tought. It bugged him to know what was up with you. Why would you close yourself up? When you wanted to help in the first place. Maybe you just needed to figure out how?

Meanwhile, you were sitting in your room, thinking of everything that had happened so far. That photo in the park. His smile. The spell. Wakko sleeping at your door. Not wanting your help. His story, the panick attack. And now this. What had got into you to do such a thing? Yes, you were only trying to comfort him, but...with that feeling.

So what were you going to do now? That was the biggest question at the moment. You couldn't hide your feelings, but then again, it would upset him. So...you had to slowly work on it. Day by day. Yes, that was what you decided. Just at that moment, your mom perked into the room.

"Y/n? Can you come?", she asked. You obediently got up and went with her to the living room. As you came in, you saw Wakko sitting on the couch and sat next to him. "I heard you have suddenly lost your apetite", you said. "I was worried about you", he stated. You looked at him, "Me?". "Yeah, what were you doing in your room?".

You didn't know how to answer that. It was a secret that you felt the way you felt, and telling him you were only trying to help was a part of it. "And what do you think?", you finaly asked, "That this is a piece of cake for me?". Wakko frowned, "You...you find it hard to help me?". Now you found yourself in trouble.

"No...?", you said. "Then why did you say that?", he asked. It dawned on you, "Because I forgot to ask you something. Do you find it hard to trust me because of those last two papers?". Wakko just nodded, not wanting to talk about it. "Ok", you said.

Ok, you tought, Then I musn't lay a hand on you.

That was, of course, a hard thing to do. Still, you would try.