Chapter 7

"You know what scares me?", he asked. "What?", you asked. "That I should be zany again. That something's wrong with me if I'm not". "Zany?" "That's what toons are". You sighed, "Let me tell you, anyone's own problem is the biggest to them. And if you don't accept  it, you'll only make it worse".

"Wait, what?" "Talking about your problems is great, just be careful how long that lasts, ok?". "I don't want to talk about my problems", said Wakko. "That's even better", you said, "I mean, it's not good not to talk about it, but at least you don't have to worry about the time limit".

"It's just...being zany means...those papers, kind of". You looked at him in confusion, "I'm sure it's not only that, what do you think?". "Well, yeah. That complimenting from my dream was about the good side. But I asked 'They wouldn't forget, would they?', because...it was all one show". "Made of both good and bad sides".

Wakko frowned, "What're you trying to tell me?". "That I want to help you become zany again, forget about your past and-". "I can't do that". "Of course you can", you said, "If you just let me help you trough it. You'll see". "What?" "If you don't want to talk about your problems, you need some other way to get over your situation, if you don't want your mental health to be damaged. Get it?".

"A therapy? Why?", he asked. "If you have accepted my help, it's my duty to do something", you said. Wakko sighed, "Fine. What's the idea?". "Can we go out?" "No, just not out". "Then we have to do somethng fun". "Like what?" "Well, what do you like to do?". "Make gookies?".

Your heart jumped. Gookies? Couldn't he think of anything else? You saw that he was staring at you, waiting for an answer. No, you didn't need him to do a single gookie, he was already adorable enough. You finaly sighed, "Sorry, no". "Why?" "You know what? You were right about not wanting to be zany again. But, that doesn't mean you can't move on".

At that, he suddenly hugged you, "Thanks a lot". You gulped, "No problem". "So guys", your mom approached you, "What are you doing today?". "Staying home", Wakko replied. "I...I don't know-". "Ok, I guess I'm leaving you two home alone then", she interrupted you.

Once she left, you got up from the couch and went to your room. You came back with the book you were reading at the time and sat next to him. "Ok", you said, "The first step is that I read you a book. That way you'll learn something and get your mind off of things. So, please don't fall asleep, ok?". He nodded.

Wakko listened carefuly as you read to him and concentrated as much as he could to remember some information and later think about it. He didn't think of anything as relaxiation or finding this enjoyable. Like, he didn't want to think you were good at reading or that your voice was beautiful or something like that. This was only to think about something other than his problem.

Once you finished reading, you turned your gaze towards him and saw he was concentrated. You smiled, there wasn't an expression he made that didn't look adorable. "So, what do you remember?", you asked. And to your surprise, he remebered a lot. You were speechless. "Good job!", you finaly said, "But...you know, this should be enjoyable for you. Or?". "Not yet", said Wakko. "Ok, for now, you don't have to", you said.