Chapter 6

He was walking trough an empty suburb of a big city. It was night,  he had nowhere to stay. Despite that, Wakko felt strange. Like nothing mattered to him. Like all he wanted to do was run away from everyone and never come back.

"Hey, I love your map song!". He turned around, towards the source of the voice. Nothing. So he just kept on walking. Wakko sighed, "They wouldn't forget", he quietly mumbled, "Wouldn't they?". Suddenly, another voice emerged from out of nowhere, "The United States and their capitals?". "Oh, uh, yeah. That was my song", he answered, not bothering to turn around.

"You helped me pass this huge test in 5th grade! Thank you!". This time, Wakko turned around. Still nothing. "U-uh, I... Th-thank you", he stuttered out. "Come on, you were great!", he heard a voice say. "Yeah", he said, not beliving. "Yeah!!!", a whole crowd repeated. Wakko sighed again, "It's just-".

He snapped out and just stared at the ceiling. It was only a bad dream. If only he could tell his siblings- wait. No, he wasn't with them. He ran away and...yes, it all came back to him, clear as ever. Ok, then he could tell you- no. Wakko just couldn't do it. He promised himself not to.

"Hey, is everything alright?", you asked him that morning. He kept quiet. "Wakko?", you looked at him. Nope, he wasn't having an attack. He just didn't want to tell you. So you went to the living room and sat on the couch, Wakko sitting next to you. "Ok", you said, "You need to start opening up". "After one day?", he asked.

"Ok, think of it this way", you said, "On a scale from one to ten, how bad do you think your situation is?". "You can't do it like that", he said. "Then how?", you asked. Wakko sighed, "Just don't ask me anything, please. Give me time". "For what?" "Trusting you". You just nodded and got up, but turned your head one last time to look at him, "But don't wonder if something bad happens to you...and I cry", and left.

Just as you were reaching your room though, you turned around and came back, sitting next to him. You sighed, "Wakko, I saved you", you said, not looking at him, "You're just too traumatized to see it". "Are you blaming me?", he asked. "No", you said, "I just wanted to say that...I understand you. I understand you need time, I understand what you're going trough and how bad it is, because-". "I had a bad dream".

You looked at him, he was staring at you with a dead glare. Even that looked adorable. "Hey, why are you looking at me like that?", you asked. "It could happen to me", he said, "And I can't stand it". "Can't stand what?" "The fact that you helped me and that it would happen if you weren't there". "What was your dream about anyway?".

Wakko sighed, "People complimenting me". You frowned, "See? I understand you don't like it. Others would laugh at you calling it a bad dream". "Stop", he said, "You're making me cry". "Oh, so you still decided to open up?", you asked. That was actually your goal. Wakko shoock his head and ran off.

You sighed. It seemed like you had done something pretty stupid. Like you had hurt him. "Don't make me run after you, you hear me?!", you yelled after him. Then you just sat there, staring into space. After a while, your mom came and sat next to you. "Hey, what's going on here?", she asked. "Wakko had a bad dream", you stated. "And?" "I tried to...I don't even know what I actually tried. But I know I messed up".

"That's good", she said, "Now you better hurry to your room, he's having a breakdown". You gasped, again? So you did what your mom had told you and ran to your room. You slowly opened the door and saw him curled up on the same spot you sat on the previous day. You slowly closed the door and sat beside him, gently wrapping your arms around him.

"It's ok...don't cry...", you whispered soothingly. You stood like that for a while, until Wakko leaned his head on your shoulder. "I'm sorry", you said. "You're forgiven", he said, giving you a sad smile. "Can you belive this is the second time I comforted you?", you asked, looking at him. "No", he said. "Do you accept my help then?", you asked. He sighed, "I guess I have no choice".