Chapter 4

"Do you have anything else to show me?", you asked. "Oh, yes", said Wakko, sounding dramatic. Then he got out yet another paper. It was the episode 96, the second part of Horray For North Hollywood. You quietly read the script in wonder. "So the movie became popular...", you commented.

"Please...can you keep that to yourself?", asked Wakko. You looked over at him and saw that he was curled up again. "What do you mean?", you asked. "Be quiet?", he was direct, looking at you pleadingly. You sighed, "Ok". As you read on, he started shaking a little, hoping you wouldn't see.

"Ok, anything-", you started as you looked at him, but then saw what was going on. Wakko snapped and looked at you with a frown, "Sorry...", he mumbled. "Anything else?", you asked. So he got two papers out and gave them to you. One was the text for a song called "Hello Nurse". And it was written for Wakko. You stopped.

So, that was the reason he didn't trust you? Because he tought you were...no, that didn't make sense. So you just started reading. And felt pain coming to your chest. Something was messed up about this. It seemed like they were mocking him...or that so called Hello Nurse...you didn't understand.

It was like...they made him flatter about her...and... You placed your hand on your head. It was just too much. You put the paper away and took the other one. It said "Hey, I can't help it if girls find me irresistible. -Wakko 1996". Under it was a drawing of Wakko with his hat off. You looked at the first paper and saw the same year written on it. So you finaly put two and two together.

"Hey, it's ok if-", you wanted to say something, but this time found him still curled up, completely frozen. His eyes were closed and his head was down. It seemed like he had blacked out right there in that position. "Wakko...? Can you hear me?", you asked, worry well heard in your voice. Nothing.

You gasped. Was he really passed out? What was the matter with him? Suddenly, you saw his ears twiching and sighed, heavily but in relief. So you hugged him and just stood like that for a while. "Please be ok...", you whispered. At one moment, his eyes fluttered open and unstopable tears started streaming down his face.

You lifted him up and got up as well, gently stroking his back. "Hey...don't cry, I'm here...", you said soothingly. Then you went to your mom. "What happened to him?", she asked. You sighed again, "A panick attack, I guess. Can I take him to the hospital?". "If you want", she shrugged her shoulders. So you did. Now you really felt like taking care of a poor child.

"Can I help you?", an older woman asked once you came there. "I...uh...", you started, but didn't know how to explain. "I see you have a toon here", she said. "A what?", you asked. "Never heard of toons?", the woman asked, "They cause trouble all over the place, so you better not mess with them or-". "Please don't talk like that ma'am, he's awake", you whispered.

"Oh, sorry", she said, "But I'll tell you what", she continiued quietly, "You better not do anything with him, or you're in trouble". You stared at her in wonder. What trouble? What could be so harmful in finding him cute and wanting to help? But whatever. "So...can I still take him to a psychiatrist or something like that?", you asked.

"No", the woman snarled, "They have already tried it. It didn't help". "But...this won't be the same one, right? That one doesn't work here, right?", you kept on trying. "And what if it's a female one here?", she whispered trough gritted teeth. You remembered the papers left home and sighed, "Alright. Thank you anyway. Goodbye".

"Hey, why so frustrated?", your mom asked once you came home. "Not now mom, gotta go", you said. You went to the living room and sat Wakko on the couch, sitting next to him. "Hey, look at me", you said and he did. His frown was now bigger than ever, and he looked like trowing up.

"I'm sorry for what has just happened", you said. "It...it's ok", he said. "Ok, if you really need to go let that out, I let you", you said. His face lit up at that and he ran to the bathroom. You couldn't help but chuckle to yourself a little at that. As quickly as he went, Wakko ran back and sat on the couch.

"Can we continiue talking?", you asked. "About what?" "About why you find it hard to trust me". Wakko gritted his teeth in pain, "You have done enough". That was one thing you still couldn't get. And it hurt you. That whatever you did, just wasn't accepted.

You got up and went to talk to your mom. "So, who is he?", she asked. "His name's Wakko", you started, "He's a...toon, and he was made to play in some, I guess stupid show called Animaniacs with his siblings, that ended two years ago".

"Oh", she said, "So, filming trauma, right?". "Yes", you comfirmed. Then you went back and took those last two papers. "Here", you said as you gave them to her, "This is why he kinda...doesn't want my help". She examined the papers and looked at you, "Oh...so that's what you're talking about?".

"Mom, it's not funny", you said in a serious tone, then told her what the old woman at the hospital had told you. She frowned, "You know what? Just be careful, ok?". "Will do, mom, will do".