3. Just a meet up

A month had passed since Y/N and Spencer first met in his class. They had one class a week, which meant that once her class was over, she'd have to wait a whole week until she could see his handsome face again - although she'd never admit that out loud.

In that time, she had come across the chance of a lifetime. She was aware that Dr. Reid worked for the FBI. So, when she saw that the FBI Academy was opening up their doors for 100 new training Agents, she was more than excited. She put in an application, hoping that she'd be accepted and able to be apart of their training program. Being an FBI Agent wasn't exactly how she saw her life going, but she knew that her skills and the PhDs that she had earned would be useful.

She and the rest of the class waited patiently inside the lecture hall, waiting for Dr. Reid to come. To her surprise, when she had entered the hall, there was at least half the amount of students than the first time. Instead of being 150 students, there were 75.

Spencer walked into the lecture hall and glanced at the sheer amount of students who had shown up. There was still a large amount of students, but lots of them had decided not to return, which on one had was a good thing, but on the other hand, was a bit disappointing.

He was glad that some students hadn't returned, as they wouldn't have bothered with the topics and content that he was going to cover. But he was also disappointed at the fact that some students had only attended the class not for the topics, but because of his looks.

As he set his satchel down, his eyes glanced around the hall, hoping to see one student in particular, and when his gaze met hers, he could tell that she was just as happy to see him as he was to see her.

Soon, the class was over. Once again, Spencer noted that Y/N was still in her seat, finishing up another round of notes. He gathered his belongings and walked up to her, smiling.

"More notes. Fantastic." He spoke.

"Ah. Dr. Reid. It's nice to see you again." She smiled.

"It's nice to see you too. I can tell that you'll do well in this class." He smiled, nodding.

"Thank you. I've been meaning to ask, there is a particular topic that you covered 2 weeks ago, and I was wondering if we could meet up? I just need a bit more clarification." She asked.

"No worries. I'd be happy to help. Just message me when you're available." He smiled, watching as her face dropped.

"Oh, shit. I misplaced your card." She started to panic.

"I don't think you misplaced it." He wanted to impress her. He didn't know why, but he thought that impressing her might convince her to become friends with him.

He reached behind her ear and pulled his hand back, revealing another card.

"How'd you-?" She gasped, surprised.

"A magician never reveals his secrets." He chuckled.

"A 27-year-old professor, a doctor with PhD's in Mathematics, Chemistry, Engineering and BA's in Psychology, Sociology and Philosophy, as well as a magician? Wow, Dr. Reid. I'm very impressed." She smiled.

"How'd you know all that stuff about me?" Spencer asked, confused.

"I did my own research on you. Your FBI file - some of it at least - is available with one google search of your name." She explained.

"Well, I have to get back to work, but message me when you want to meet up." He exhaled, smiling.

"Will do. Goodbye Dr. Reid." She waved, leaving the hall. He smiled, now patiently waiting for the notification that she had texted him. He hated his phone, and most technology, but he'd be willing to give in if it meant talking to Y/N outside of class.