35. Making things official

Y/N
Your brain was active. All you needed to do was actually show that you were awake. You could hear your friends and your boyfriend talking, but you needed to wake up. You wanted to see their beautiful faces.

Open your eyes! Goddamn it, open your eyes!

Your left arm twitched. You could feel the movement in your bones as you tried to signal to the team that you were awake. With every passing moment, you willed yourself to open your eyes, and eventually, you were there. Your eyelids had become as light as feathers, instead of being as heavy as bricks. The moment you felt your eyelids lift, you immediately started looking around. You were in a hospital, no surprise. There was an IV drip connected to your right hand and many machines that were beeping. All eyes were on you as soon as you started moving your head.

"She's awake." Penelope gasped, surprised and happy.

"Hey, there, my love." Spencer gently rubbed the top of her left hand, comforting her.

"H- Hey." You spoke, your voice raspy.

You hadn't spoken for hours. Your throat felt like it was burning. You remembered what happened to you. It played in your head like a movie. The blood that you coughed up due to the wounds was engrained into your memory. Your throat burned because it was dry. You hadn't had a drop of water since you finished coughing up all the blood.

You first laid eyes on Penelope. Her smile was infectious. She seemed overjoyed to see you. You smiled at the sight of her, which made her smile even bigger than before.

You then glanced at Prentiss and JJ, both of whom moved from their spots to hug their friend. They gently wrapped their arms around your shoulders, placing kisses on your forehead. They treated you like a little sister and you loved it.

Your glance moved from Prentiss and JJ to Rossi, who had a smirk on his face. He was clearly proud of you for not only surviving, but waking up.

"Welcome back, kid." He smiled, placing a kiss on either side of your cheeks.

Rossi moved back and made way for Hotch to come forward. He - without warning - wrapped his arms around your shoulders and smiled. Everyone was shocked, including you. Hotch wasn't known to be overly emotional. He rarely smiled, and when he did, it was small and barely noticeable. So, to watch him hug you, everyone in the room was shocked.

Last but not least was Spencer. He had sat beside you the entire time. He was the one gently rubbing the top of your hand, comforting you. He was the one who stayed with you the entire time you had been knocked out, and you loved him for that. He had chosen to wait for you to wake up over sleeping.

The thing that surprised you the most was the sight of Alyssa being wheeled into the room by a nurse. She had a huge smile on her face as she was stopped right next to Spencer. You - with help from Spencer and Hotch - sat up, being careful not to rip the stitches that were holding together the 4 wounds on your body. You couldn't really move, but Alyssa didn't mind. In fact, she - with Emily's help - stood up, using Emily as a crutch of sorts, to be closer to her best friend. She gently wrapped her arms around your shoulders and kissed your cheek.

"Thank you, so much, Y/N. You saved my life." Alyssa smiled while she cried slightly.

"I will always risk everything to save you. You're really the only family I have left, Alyssa." Y/N chuckled.

"Not anymore, Y/N. You have me, yes. But you have Spencer. You have Emily, JJ, Rossi, Hotch, Derek and Penelope. We're all your family." Alyssa reminded her.

"Speaking of Spencer. Let's leave the love-birds alone." JJ smiled, ushering everyone out of the room. She returned to help Alyssa out of the room.

A few moments passed. You and Spencer were left alone in the room.

"How's she doing?" You asked, glancing at your boyfriend.

"Alyssa has a few more days here, but then she'll be right to go home. But, you on the other hand. You're gonna be here a while. Dr. Ramirez says that you're gonna need to stay here for a few weeks, and in just under a month, you'll be free to go home, but you won't be able to work for another month." Spencer exhaled.

"So I'll be out of work for 2 months? What about my Profiler Exam?" You asked, confused.

"Hotch is willing to ask for your study period to be extended until you're ready to return to work." Spencer nodded.

"Speaking of going home, which home would that be? I mean, there is no way I'd survive living on my own, at least, not like I am now. What's the harm in me moving in with you?" You asked, smiling.

"I'd love nothing more than for you to move in with me." Spencer exhaled, smiling.

"Then it's settled. In a few weeks, I'll have myself a new home, with my amazing boyfriend." You kissed Spencer, who happily kissed you back.