4. Acceptance

Y/N
You sat in your shared apartment, a pristine white envelope with the FBI official seal on the front. Alyssa wasn't home yet, so you had at least another hour alone before she'd unlock and walk through the front door. You couldn't hold the rejection or acceptance off any longer. You exhaled, letting out a breath that you didn't even realise you were holding in. With patience and calmness, you opened the envelope and you could feel your heart race the moment the glue holding the envelope closed was broken. You could see your hands physically shaking as you removed the letter from the envelope. Seeing the edges of the letter, you sort of regretted telling Spencer that you had applied in the first place. It would be a bit awkward if you told him that you hadn't been accepted.

You unfolded the letter. Your eyes flew down the page. You realised that while looking at the letter, you hadn't actually read its contents. You were so nervous about being accepted or rejected that you didn't even read the words that had been printed perfectly onto the page.

You took a deep breath in and out and made an effort to actually read the letter that rested in your hands.

Dear Y/N Y/L/N.

You remained silent for the next 10 minutes. You had applied to the FBI Academy Training Program, not actually expecting to 1. hear back from them so soon and 2. get accepted.

That's right, you had been accepted into the FBI Academy Training Program. According to the letter, your first day was going to be tomorrow.

You heard the front door unlock. Turning your head, you watched as Alyssa hung her jacket on the rack that rested near the windowsill.

"Good evening, Y/N. Anything new to report?" She smiled, grabbing a cookie from the jar that rested on the bench.

"I- Uh- sent in an application for a training program with the FBI and I just received a letter saying that I was accepted." You spoke, hoping that Alyssa would be too focused on her cookie to really understand what you had just said.

She spat out a small bite of her cookie, her eyes widening as she stared at you.

"You WHAT?!" She gasped. She seemed more surprised and confused rather than shocked and angry.

"I applied for a training program with the FBI, and I just received a letter saying that I was accepted." You smiled.

"Are you sure the letter isn't a fake? Maybe someone sent it to you as a joke." She asked. You could see that she was still trying to process the information that you had just given to her.

"I'm pretty sure it's impossible for some random person to fake the official FBI seal." You chuckled.

"So, when's your first day?" She asked.

"Tomorrow...at 9 AM." You smiled, exhaling as you handed the letter to Alyssa.

"Ooh. Lovely. My best friend is going to make a kick-ass FBI Agent!" Alyssa cheered.

"I have to pass the FBI Physical Fitness Test before I can actually start training to be an Agent." You shook your head, enjoying the fact that your best friend was so accepting of your choice to join the FBI.

"Wait, what does training with the FBI include?" Alyssa asked.

"Let's find out, shall we?" You asked, looking at the URL that the FBI letter had provided you.

"Okay, so according to the website, all Special Agents begin their career at the FBI Academy in Quantico, Virginia, for 20 weeks of intensive training at one of the world's finest law enforcement training facilities. During their time there, trainees live on campus and participate in a variety of training activities." You started, Alyssa pulling a chair over so she could sit next to you.

"Wait, so I'd be living here...alone?!" Alyssa started to panic.

"I can't let you train with the FBI, Y/N! I can't live without you. We both applied to the same college just so we could live together!" Alyssa complained.

"Calm down, Alyssa. Let's read more into this." You chuckled.

"Classroom hours are spent studying a wide variety of academic and investigative subjects, including the fundamentals of law, behavioural science, report writing, forensic science, and basic and advanced investigative, interviewing, and intelligence techniques." You continued, reading further down the page.

"Behavioural Science? Isn't that what the Behavioural Analysis Unit focus on?" Alyssa asked, curious.

"Yes. I think that's what they focus on." You nodded.

"If you excel in behavioural science, maybe you can work at the BAU, which means you'll be working along some fine looking people. SSA Derek Morgan, damn! SSA Dr. Spencer Reid, double damn! I think you should train at the FBI. I can live without you for 20 weeks." Alyssa smirked.

"Thanks. I appreciate your interest in the other Agents, rather than the FBI itself." You rolled your eyes.

"Moving on. Students also learn the intricacies of counterterrorism, counterintelligence, weapons of mass destruction, cyber, and criminal investigations to prepare them for their chosen career paths. The curriculum also includes intensive training in physical fitness, defensive tactics, practical application exercises, and the use of firearms. Over the course of their career, Agents are also updated on the latest developments in the intelligence and law enforcement communities through additional training opportunities." You finished reading the information, starting to get excited.

You were very nervous for the FBI Physical Fitness Test, as no one who knew you would consider you a fitness expert. In fact, they'd admit that you'd rather sit on the couch and read a book or watch a movie rather then go to the gym.

But, you were determined to get past the part you were nervous about if, it meant that you could begin an interesting career within the FBI.