5. Physical Fitness Test

Y/N was lucky. She didn't have any classes on her first day, meaning she could focus on passing her FBI Physical Fitness Test without worrying about being late for any of her college classes.

Her PFT (Physical Fitness Test) was the first thing that she'd be doing. Her score after completing the PFT would determine whether or not she would move on to become a trainee Agent. With her day starting at 9 AM, she arrived at the FBI Academy Building at 8:30, hoping for some time to ready herself.

She walked up to the reception, a small bag hung from her left shoulder.

"Hi. My name is Y/N Y/L/N. I'm here for the Physical Fitness Test?" She spoke up, seeing the woman in front of her smiling.

"Of course. If you walk down the hallway to your right and go through the double doors at the very end, you'll be met with the training gym. Agent Grant Anderson will be waiting for you." The woman smiled, leaving Y/N to walk down the hallway. Every step she took felt like she was revving up her heart. The further away she was from the double doors, the slower her heart raced, but the closer she got, the faster her heart raced. Before she knew it, she was standing in front of the double doors, pushing them open.

As expected, she looked to the far end of the massive gym, seeing an Agent in a very expensive suit standing near a table. Y/N made her way over.

"Hi, Agent Anderson? I'm Y/N Y/L/N. I'm here for the Physical Fitness Test. Sorry if I'm a bit early." Y/N smiled, watching as the man smiled, putting down his phone.

"Welcome to the FBI Academy, Ms. Y/L/N. It's great to see a young woman so eager to do a fitness test. Being early, especially while in training, sets a good mindset and is often something that potential FBI Section and Division Chiefs look for when wanting to add to their teams." Agent Anderson smiled.

"Now, you have around 20 minutes before the day is due to begin, so take your time, prepare however you see fit. You'll be alerted when we begin." Agent Anderson informed Y/N, who happily nodded and walked over to one of the walls, placing her bag down before beginning her stretches. She may not have been a fitness geek, but she knew that stretching was always the best thing to do before partaking in any form of exercise.

———
(At 9 AM)

By the time 9 AM rolled around, the gym was filled with at least 100 men and women who were there for the same reason Y/N was. Some looked more built others, and some looked more determined. It was clear that some were going to pass the Physical Fitness Test with no worries, and that concerned Y/N. Her knowledge was mostly based in things like psychology and sociology. Her knowledge of fitness was limited.

"All right, everyone gather round. You're all here for one reason. To attempt to pass the Physical Fitness Test. Now, here's the bad news. Less than 2-3 percent of applicants who apply to become trainee Agents actually pass the Physical Fitness Test, which means that realistically, a majority of you won't make it past the PFT, which means you won't go on to become the FBI Academy's newest trainee Agents." Agent Anderson explained, seeing half the faces in the gym drop.

"Anyway, there should be 100 of you, so today will be a long day. You'll be separated in groups, and within those groups, you'll be tested by me and the FBI's best Fitness Trainer." Agent Anderson smiled, introducing the second person who was going to monitor the tests.

"Listen up. The PFT consists of four main events. The events will be administered in the following order with no more than five minutes of rest between each event; Sit-ups: Maximum number of continuous sit-ups in one minute. Sprint: Timed 300-meter sprint. Push-ups: Maximum number of continuous push-ups (untimed). Run: Timed 1.5-mile run." The trainer explained.