36. Personal helper

Spencer had become Y/N's personal helper and he didn't mind at all. Sure, he missed working in the field, but he loved being able to shower his girlfriend with affection without worrying about any prying eyes or teasing from his co-workers.

Y/N felt guilty. She knew how much Spencer loved working and to take him away from that for a month, she felt horrible.

With lots of rest, Y/N was able to go home after a few weeks - as predicted. That only left a month's worth of paid medical leave. Y/N had a month until she could return to work and she had a month until she was due to take her Profiler Exam. In the few weeks that Y/N had remained in the hospital, Spencer and the team had made it their mission to turn Spencer's apartment into his and Y/N's apartment, which meant moving her stuff into his apartment and selling her apartment - either to Alyssa, or with her permission.

Alyssa had offered to help take care of Y/N while she was off on leave, - considering Spencer was such a vital part of the team - but Hotch didn't want to put pressure on her. Alyssa, while physically okay, was still mentally and emotionally broken. Y/N noticed that she had been a bit distant. So, Spencer worked from home. He explained that he was willing to be there for Y/N 24/7, but he still wanted to help the team. Hotch allowed this. In some ways, he wished that he had done this with Haley and Jack.

With Y/N's limited mobility, Spencer took the time to help Y/N study, both for her Profiler Exam, but her other classes. She had been keeping up, with all the cases, her studying had gone from every day to once a week and he wasn't happy. He knew how much being in the BAU meant to Y/N, but he knew how much she also loved her education.

"Y/N, define these terms: High-risk victims, Moderate-risk victims and Low-risk victims." Spencer spoke as he sat at the edge of the bed, eyeing his girlfriend.

"Spencer, really? I've spent the past few weeks in the hospital and I've got 3 weeks left to study. I can have one day of rest in my new - very comfortable - bed." Y/N complained.

"The Profiler Exam is probably the hardest exam that the FBI has created, considering how much of profiling is practical. It's probably going to be harder than your exam for my class at the end of the semester." Spencer explained.

Ah yes, Y/N had many exams this year. Not only did she have the Profiler Exam, which would make her an official profiler, but she had the exam for Spencer's class on Behavioural Analysis, as well as exams for her classes for college. The Profiler Exam would occur at the beginning of next month, the Behavioural Analysis Exam would occur at the end of the second semester at her college, and her final exams for her other classes would occur at the end of the year, which would mark the end of her college years.

"Isn't the Profiler Exam basically the same thing as the Behavioural Analysis Exam?" Y/N questioned.

"Not entirely. The Profiler Exam focuses on specific areas, whereas the Behavioural Analysis Exam focuses on every part of the subject. You'll be tested on all aspects from every topic that we've covered through our classes." Spencer shook his head, taking the time to ramble on about the differences.

"How on Earth do you have the time to be a BAU member and still teach?" Y/N asked, trying to distract him.

"Time management. Hotch has allowed me leeway with my teaching, considering the amount of...things I've been through since starting with the BAU." Spencer explained.

"All I can say is that I am going to make your exam as different from the Profiler Exam as possible. Some things might be the same, but it will mostly be different. Also, I will be arranging that during the week of the exam, you stay with Alyssa." Spencer exhaled.

"Oh, so you'll be kicking me out of our apartment temporarily?" Y/N scoffed, trying to sound like she was joking.

"You know why I'm doing that. The last thing either of us need is a reason for my teaching and your academic scores to be put into question. It makes more sense if you stay with Alyssa for a week. Mind you, it's only 7 days." Spencer smiled.

"I guess I'll be able to survive 7 days without you." Y/N pouted.

"That's what I like to hear. Now, define these terms: High-risk victims, Moderate-risk victims and Low-risk victims." Spencer reiterated his early question.

"Seriously?" Y/N chuckled.

"Seriously." Spencer nodded.

"Okay. High-risk victims have a lifestyle that puts them at higher risk of being a victim of a violent crime. The most well known high-risk victim is a prostitute." Y/N started, watching as Spencer nodded, clearly happy with the beginning of her explanation.

"Moderate-risk victims have a lifestyle that is mostly low-risk, but for whatever reason, they were in a situation that placed them in a greater level of risk. A person stranded on a quiet and dark road due to engine failure or a flat tire, who accepts a ride from a stranger, but is then victimised by the stranger." Y/N continued, trying her best to remember what she had read.

"And low-risk victims have a lifestyle that would normally not put them in any level of risk for becoming a victim of a violent crime. They take precautions to avoid becoming a victim. Precautions may include locking their doors, not going into areas that are dark and secluded and avoiding drugs." Y/N finished.

"That's perfect. There's no way that you don't pass the Profiler Exam." Spencer smiled, kissing his girlfriend.

"Will that question be on your exam?" Y/N asked, smirking.

"I cannot and will not tell you anything about the Behavioural Analysis Exam at the end of next semester." Spencer rolled his eyes.

"I was joking, Spencer. That would be cheating and neither of us like cheating." Y/N winked.

"You just winked. Why?" Spencer asked, confused.

"When I was in the hospital, I had a surreal dream. You and Penelope were in it. In my dream, you admitted to Penelope that you fell in love with me the day that my Probationary Agent period ended. You didn't want my hope of joining the BAU to be crushed because of you. You told Penelope that you did everything possible to avoid Strauss figuring out that you were falling in love with me." You admitted.

"Y/N, you weren't dreaming. I actually said that to Penelope while you were in the hospital." Spencer gasped.

"Well, my brain must have taken what you and Penelope talked about and turned it into a dream, or I was just half asleep." Y/N shrugged her shoulders gently, smiling.

"Looks like it's time for your afternoon pills." Spencer chuckled, standing.

"You're the best." Y/N nodded, starting to feel a pain in her shoulder and her lower torso all at the same time.