04 - Time off

[italics is English. Bold italics is Sepedi.]

Without Minho.

It's been quite a rollercoaster of emotions ever since Minho was eliminated. We have been trying to get it out of our heads but it still sits heavily on our shoulders. The mornings were always so quiet and everyone was keeping their distance, even with some of us sharing rooms. We did try to talk to each other but it just didn't feel right.

JYP had called us to the company today. He didn't tell us exactly why but he just to come over. I really didn't want to go but I have no choice. We were all quiet the whole car ride to the building, occasionally there will be humming due to the background music of the radio, that is quite hard to ignore.

We were guided to the room JYP was waiting for us in, greeted him and I sat down next to Seungmin and waited for what's next. "How are you all felling?" He started off, trying to put at at ease. We all replied with 'We are better/ we are fine' but in my defence we were not. But we will get stronger for Minho's sake. "I've called you all here today after the elimination of one of your members to try and keep you in good sprits. I want to talk about the way your heart talks." He was being genuine when he said that he understands what it feels like losing a member, must be from experience I guess. "I want to do you guys a favour, so I'll just say these 3 words."  He walked over to the whiteboard and wrote the first word. 

Value 1: Honesty. "It's good if you're honest. I would like it if you say each phrase truthfully, although broadcasts need to appear as fun, you should truthfully having fun." We all nodded in understanding since you can't really be faking to have fun. "Speaking truthfully isn't fun. I also laugh when going onto variety shows, I try not to talk badly about other people's insecure points, things like 'He snores' and 'Who's stinking up the place?'  don't say things like that." We all slightly laughed at the comments that have been thrown between one another, looking around at each other. "I think you need to be especially careful when talking to other celebrities and people. You really need to become a person that isn't like that, I need to be careful in front of the camera, I need to be careful in front of other people. There's nobody else, even when you are alone, you need to become a person who doesn't act like that in real life." This was actually so true as some people seem to loose their common sense once reaching a certain level in their lives. "Talking, behavior, it should be the same with or without the camera there. That's the kind of honesty I'm talking about."  A chorus of Yes was followed after.

Value 2: Sincerity. "You need to be sincere. The thing I regret the most is that I used to smoke." Absolute bombshell, he was so calm about telling us this, but then again, he might have told this to many people working under him. "I had other bad experiences but I thought of this, smoking really damaged me, I really wanted to dance well. My body slowed down and, I wanted to do this movement but my body wouldn't follow.  And we need our bodies to express things, so if our body isn't of top condition, there would be no way to express things with our body. So you need to take good care of your body as well." That's why even after Minho left, it didn't stop us from eating, obviously on diet though. "The opposite of sincerity is to build personal connections. Even after you become a top star, you'd meet a lot of people, so in our country, there are 2 important places to get connections , like going to drink with girls," "Eh?" I said a little to loudly, so I quickly apologised and of course they had laughed at me. "Or going to a golf course, you can get connections there. I don't do either. Even if I don't know anyone and I do well in my work, the chance will come to me, even if it's a little too late." We did the usual nodding in understanding. "So, what was I doing in that time? I was practicing my dance, singing, piano, composing, waking up early and sleeping early. Until you reach a point where it really satisfies you, I hope you'll be able to give up on everything else." Don't get distracted, not so simple all the time. "Meeting with your friends to play? You need to throw that away. Spending time with your family, going on trips with them, although it hurts you can't do anything about it." I looked down, it's true. "I hope that you'll use your 24 hours with sincerity. In order to dance better, sing better, also in order to write better lyrics and make better music, I hope that you'll invest your time in those." Sincerity is going to take a large toll on us eventually.