06 - Minus Two

[italics is English. Bold italics is Sepedi.]

It took two

After the busking event and my terrible panic attack I had, Chan was nice enough to take me for a walk. It was the early afternoon. "Are you ready to go?" He popped his head, only to see me being piled up by Felix, Jeongin and Hyunjin. "Chan! They said if I scream, they'll get another person. Help me!" It's not that they were hurting me, I just wanted to leave in peace. Chan was obviously laughing so I started moving my way out. "Okay. Here's the deal, you guys get off me and when I come back from my walk, I'll have a snack for each of you." They didn't waste time getting off me. They were jumping around saying thank you to me. They left me be and I walked with Chan to the front door. "Don't burn the dorm down." Was the last thing I said followed by Chan's laugh.

Chan and I walked around the area of the JYP building. We didn't go far since we going to meet JYP later today. Chan had linked his pinkie with mine and we walked in silence. Comfortable silence. Chan didn't want to ask about last night so this is his way of saying 'It will be fine'. I saw a park with a swing set and the best part was that the park was empty. "Chan let's go to the swings." I didn't let him answer as I was running to the swings. He sat next to me but we didn't swing at all. It was just us sitting there, looking at the scenery around us. It was peaceful that way.

"I'm sorry for last night." I spoke looking at my feet that were just about to touch the floor. "Don't be sorry. I was already awake. You know, the usual thing." He said. "You shouldn't be worried Seung-Gong, I don't think you'll get eliminated because of one silly mistake. You did so well during the busking event." He once again, took my pinkie, "And even if you do, you should come look for me okay? I won't move forward without you." Chan smiled and took my whole hand, squeezing it slightly. This boy is one of many words. He cares. "Thank you Chan. I don't think I would have been here if you didn't tell me to stay." I smiled back at him and he giggles. "Actually, we should name our fans 'Stay'. You know, since they would want to make us stay if we debut." Random ideas seemed to spark when I was at ease. "When we debut." Chan corrected in a strict voice then smiled it away.

We walked to the nearest convenience store and I bought the promised snacks plus some extra for the others. We walked back, singing and laughing at each other. I had fun going for walk with chan. I forgot to mention that we did have the cameras doing their following along but we simply ignored it.

Diary entry:
"It was nice of Chan to go on a walk with me. Chan is the best leader."

When we walked in the dorm, we found the boys peacefully sitting, watching TV. That is a sight you don't see everyday with Stray Kids. "I guess it's a good thing i bought snacks." Chan nodded in agreement. We walked in the room together and I threw the snacks to those who did and didn't ask for them. "Noona is the best. Second to our leader." Jeongin said and I sighed. "The mom and dad of Stray Kids"Seungmin laughed. "Jeongin, I'll take your snacks away." Jeongin likes to say Noona only to make me feel shy. Which always seems to work. I laughed at the frantic look on his face and he apologised. We all watched TV until the time came for the evaluation of the busking event.

---✵---✵---✵---

I stood between the two maknaes and looked directly at the ceiling. I was nervous but I had to push those feelings back. This moment is one of the scariest times in the sense that we don't know how we were judged by Jun.K and Rado. When JYP walked in, we greeted him and waited for what he had to say. "Have you been well?" He asked and we all said yes. "How was the busking event?" He smiled, "It was fun." is what most of us said. "I saw the footage and there was a lot of people who showed up." We nodded, I was trying to hold back a smile. "You guys haven't even debuted, and are just dreamers. For your evaluation, outlook on improving, and growth potential was definitely looked at. But on the other hand, as for the members who took too long to improve, will not be able to debut under this team." He said and I looked down. This is too nerve racking. "I think there will be a more weakness to the team."