07 - Redemption

[italics is English. Bold italics is Sepedi.]

A second chance

Chan's POV

Without Felix, Seung-Gong and Minho being here, it's hard to get things done as a leader without thinking about them or as the group having 9 members. It was hard for us but we had to pull through until the end. Our last mission was gonna be broadcasted live so our mistakes will be seen the moment it happens.

We were now filling in the spots of our missing members. We now had to perform as 6. It was hard at the beginning but it got better towards the end. We were getting the hang of it. It's just not the same when we are all together. Even when Minho was gone, it was not the same.

"Okay. So we need another song for the mission." I started off as we sat in a circle in the practice room. "Let's make a new song." Jeongin suggested. Everyone nodded in agreement. So that's what we did.

I was in the practice room the whole morning, making a beat for our new song until I heard someone walking in. They seemed to be struggling with the door but ignored it. I have a lot to do. Until Bam Bam walked in. "Wah! What are you doing here?" I smiled at me close friend but also rival. "I wanted to see how my friend is doing." He said, giving me a quick hug. "Have you been in here the whole morning?" I nodded in response. "So you haven't eaten? I'm quite hungry myself." He was offering to take me to get something to eat. "s... Sure. We can go grab something to eat." I turned off my laptop and walked to the nearest place to eat.

"I heard that two of your members got eliminated. Is that true?" Bam Bam started off the conversation. It was a sore one but I'm getting stronger each time it's mentioned. "Yeah. It wasn't the most nicest thing to see." I laughed slightly. "You've grown so much since then. You've been doing really well." Bam Bam compliments my work ethic and how great of a leader I'm becoming. "Thank you man." I smiled and we ate. I think it was kind of refreshing to go out with someone I'm close with since that day.

---✵---✵---✵---

We were now showing our dance for our new song, 'Young Wings' to Jinyoung and JB. They were planning on helping us in terms of the choreography. We made mistake but they were easy ones to fix after one practice. We were going to go to the studio to put the lyrics together. "What is 'Young Wings' about?" JB asked out of curiosity.

"It's about getting old. Since Seung-Gong and I have turned 19 this... I mean since I have turned 19 this year, and I'll be a proper adult next year, that's what the song is technically about." Changbin explains. No one could ignore the fact that he mentioned Seung-Gong." Ahh. I see. You miss your eliminated members don't you? " He asked Changbin. He nodded, "I think we all do. It's not the same." He said and we all nodded. It's true. "Well, you guys are going to have to focus so that even if they don't come back, your hard work doesn't go in vain." Jinyoung said and he left followed by JB.

Right there and then, I knew that something is going to happen. Maybe the others will come back, it's just not certain. The day 2 of my members were eliminated, I already knew that it would be impossible to achieve the dream of having a diverse, co-ed group. I felt like I was failing the others as a leader.

---------✵---

Seung-Gong's POV

A week ago

I've been working hard in all of my aspects of what I can do. From my dancing, to my vocals and rapping. I've visiting all my coaches to help me improve. My sleep schedule is messed up but that didn't really matter to me since I was using all the time I had to make up for what happened to me. Not that it matters anyway, my sleep is always interrupted by things so what is the point of fixing it?