What Now?

[italics is English. Bold italics is Sepedi.]

FLASHBACK:

Chan and I were sitting in the back quietly having a conversation. "What if I told you who I'm planning of asking out." I looked at him. "Do I know him?" He asked, and I nodded, "Very well. Born in the same year and month." I said. He looked even more confused, "Same company?" I nodded and went closer to his ear. "It's you." With my lips still close to his ear, he turned to me and our lips were inches away. "Really?" He whispered, looking into my eyes, I nodded. 

It was his turn now to do what I did. "I feel the same, ever since we became close friends."

FLASHBACK OVER:

After Chan and I confessed to one another, it was weird because we both acted like nothing happened. Today, I was planning on taking him out for ice cream to ask him.

"Noona, are you going out?" Han asked when he saw me putting on my shoes. "Yeah, I'm taking someone out for ice cream. I'll bring you guys something too, okay. Behave." And with my shoes on, mask in hand and phone in bag, I headed to the studio.

I know Chan is in there, making sure that for our last album, that tracks were 100% ready for the release. ISAC was also around the corner so we were all brushing up on our skills. I was going to part take in the rhythmic gymnastics this year.

By the time I had arrived to the studio, Chan was singing along to 'Chronosaurus' and looked like he was live. So maybe he wasn't really checking on the tracks after all. "Yeah ooh, kkeuchi eopseo duryeowo." I sang along with him and his head whipped over to my direction. "Bubs, what are you doing here?" He paused the song and turned to the camera and me again.

"I was gonna pull you out of here to spoil my favourite leader." I smiled at the camera when I got closer and greeted the Stays. "What are you surprising me with?" He completely ignored everything else and asked me, I turned to the camera before smirking. "Your favourite ice cream." I whispered into his ear and the smile on his face only widened.

He was quick to end his live, giving his big hug and a peace sign. "Let's go?" He waved his hand for me to grab as I was just waiting for him. "Yeah, let's go." I took his hand and I ended up leading him away from the hustle of the streets close to the JYP building to a place where they know me as I've become a usual.

"Ah! Seung-Gong! It's been to long. Sit, sit!" The owner of the small ice cream parlour, Kwon Minji, a sweet old woman who knows my grandparents, ushered to sit us down. "Oh! Where are my manners? You must be Bang Chan. Am I right?" She questioned the now flustered boy, who nodded in acknowledgment of her words. "Yes, yes. Seung-Gong talks fondly of you, a lot." I looked down to the nicely painted tables.

"Minji-ajuma, it's not funny." I pressed, she continued to laugh as Chan felt kind of happy from the remark. "Anyways, what would you like to order?" The memus were given to us a while back but I already knew what I was having. Bang Chan was having a simple Vanilla sugar cone and I was having mint chocolate chip.

Once we had gotten our frozen desserts, the question that looked like was burning off Chan's head came out. "So, why did you bring me here?" He looked up from his phone after taking a picture of his ice cream for bubble. "After we technically confessed to each other. I wanted to know. Did you really mean it?" I placed my own phone down so I could focus on him.

"Seung-Gong. The first time I saw you, hiding behind your father's leg when it was your first day after you joined the company, I was so intrigued by you. Your Korean wasn't perfect and you struggled to get friends, that was until Momo found you and dragged you along with her." He laughed and clicked his ice cream.