Chapter Nineteen

Greif is the price we pay for love

Queen Elizabeth II

***

This is fucked up I think as I speed back to my room.

It can't be Lorelei

She leaves the house quite a bit.

This is impossible.

Only Kai and Lore knew you and Declan were leaving last night.

It's not fucking Lore.

She's been very secretive lately.

This is fucking crazy!

Nolan could've threatened Ellie.

"Fuck!" I shout, without even thinking about it. Tears are streaming down my face as all the pieces start to click together for me. Betrayal and hurt fill my body and everything hurts so bad I can't even explain it.

"Valerie?" Declan opened the bedroom door and was now standing in the hallway rubbing his eyes. "I heard you yell, are you okay?"

"It's Lore." I cry.

"What?!"

"It's fucking Lorelei! She's the fucking traitor, Declan. She...She..."

"Valerie, slow down. You don't know what you're saying, come on, let's go to bed." He wraps his arm around my back and tries to lead me into the room but I slide out of his grip.

"Declan, I'm fucking serious."

"Valerie-"

"Stop, will you at least let me fucking explain?!" I shout, and his brows sinch together and he doesn't say anything. He doesn't argue either.

"I was in the kitchen with her, and we were talking. I was somewhat venting about this thing with Nolan, and she mentioned something Nolan said to me that I didn't fucking tell anybody, Declan. Not a single soul knows the things Nolan said to me before you stormed into the bathrooms. Nobody but Me, Nolan, Callum, and fucking Lorelei." I say, I'm talking fast and my hands are shaking, but Declan doesn't say anything yet. His brows are still tightly furrowed and a frown is present on his face.

"Think about it, Dec. Her and Kai were the only people who knew we left last night. Lorelei is gone a lot. And she has something Nolan could easily threaten. You can't look me in the eye and tell me that if Nolan threatened Ellie, Lore wouldn't do everything in her power to keep her safe." I try to keep the tears in my eyes contained while I speak. But it's hard when one of the only people in this house we trusted betrayed us.

"Valerie..." Declan says, my words sinking in. "Fuck."

I watch as Declan takes off down the hallway. I follow behind him knowing exactly where he's going. The halls aren't quite crowded yet, but people start to fill the halls and I'm sure the training room is full by now.

When we make it to Lorelei and Ellie's bedroom, Declan puts in the code and storms in. I follow and see Lore in her room, with a cup of tea in her hand. She's standing in the middle of the room but stops when she sees us. "Hey, guys. Is everything okay?" She asks, innocently.

"Lorelei..." Declan starts. "I'm going to ask you something and I want you to be honest with me."

Lore's brows furrow and create a crease between them. "Okay..." She says, cautiously.

"Are you working for Nolan?" Declan hesitates at first before he says it. Lore stands there for a minute, and then I see the tears in her eyes.

"Declan, he threatened my baby girl." Is the first thing that she says.