Chapter Twenty

We learned to live with the pain, mosaic broken hearts

Taylor Swift

***

"Do you like it?" Declan asks Ellie, his arm snaking around my waist and pulling me closer.

Ellie looks around the room and goes to the doll house and sits down and starts playing. "Thank you." She says, smiling at Declan and I.

Declan had some of his men put together a room with a padlock and a security system directly across the hall from our room. We wanted her to be close, but we also wanted her to have her own space.

We stand there watching her play. We weren't sure what the best way to move on from this was. It's been about a week since Lorelei died, Ellie and Declan had trouble sleeping the first few days, but eventually, they seemed to get back to normal. I know they aren't 100% the same, they never will be. Lorelei left a gap in our lives. This big, empty space hangs over us every single day.

"Let's buy a house." Declan says, randomly.

"We have a house. Quite a few, actually." I tell him.

"I don't want any of those houses. I want a house in the suburbs with a backyard and a swing set for her to play with. A house that isn't crowded with people, a house Nolan won't know to look. Somewhere private and secretive. Somewhere for us to hide from all the terrible things our life brings." He tells me, pressing his lips to my temple.

"I like that idea," I answer, turning my head to kiss him back.

"Ellie, Auntie Valerie and I will be in our room. Please don't leave yours." Declan says, not turning his face away from me.

"Okay, Uncle Lanny." Declan pushes me out of the room and shuts the door. It's the first time we're leaving Ellie alone since Lore died, but the lock on her door doesn't make me worry.

We make it to our room and shut the door. Declan kisses me with a smile on his face. "I love you, Valerie."

"I love you, too, Declan." I say. Declan starts kissing me down my neck and across my collarbone. I was wearing a loose, spaghetti-strap sundress that dropped low in the front and Declan made sure his lips touched every inch of skin that was visible.

He dropped to his knees on the floor and held my hips in his hands, looking up at me. I drop down to the floor next to him and he kisses me with so much love and force that I don't know if I'm able to reciprocate it properly.

"Marry me." He says between kisses.

"But I thought-"

"I don't give a fuck about waiting anymore. I want you to be mine forever. I want to buy you a pretty dress and a sparkly ring and say 'I do' in front of a fuck ton of people and make you Mrs--fucking--Love." I smile against his lips when he says these words.

"Okay."

"And I want to buy that house with you and I want to have more babies and watch you be a fucking amazing mother to them and grow old with you and love you forever." He tells me.

"I don't know how to be a mother." I say, honestly. "I don't know if I'm going to be good at it."

"I don't know how to be a father, but seeing you interact with Ellie and be her mother figure makes me want you to have more. To have mine." He kisses me again and I can't help but smile. I'll have as many babies as Declan wants me to have as long as he continues to love me like this.

"I love you so fucking much." He tells me, he slides the bottom of my dress up and lays me down on the floor.

"I love you too." I reach down and unbutton his pants and pull them down just enough for his hard to be released.

He pushes my panties to the side and pushes into me. His lips on mine, he slowly makes love to me, his lips on mine, catching every sound I make into his mouth.

His movements are slow, but I feel him deep inside me. I wanted him like this for the rest of my life. I want to be his wife, I want to have his babies, I want to live in a cute little house with a backyard for our kids to play in. I want to be his forever and I want to grow old with him and show our future kids what real fucking love is. I want to be the mom that shows their children how to love, not how to hate. And I want to hide them from the misery of this world. I want to keep them safe and treat them better than Nolan ever treated me.

Declan starts kissing down my jawline and I turn my head towards the bed to give him more room when something under the bed catches my eye.

A small keyhole in the floor is sat, coated in a layer of dust. I immediately remember the key that I found in the closet a while ago. The one hidden on the wall. It looks to be the kind of key that would fit in that hole in the floor.

"Fuck, Val." I hear, and my attention snaps right back to Declan. His speed gets faster as he starts to reach his climax and mine is right there with his.

We cum together, our bodies rolling into each other and our moans floating into the other's mouth as his movements get more reckless and my mouth starts to lose all control of the sounds coming out of it.

When we're done, he pulls out of me, and wraps his arms around me, I wrap mine around shoulders and lay there with one thing on my mind.

What the hell is behind that door?

***

A/N:

This is the last chapter I'm giving you guys tonight...I think...

You know they say the last half of a book goes faster than the first half

I love you all!! thank you for reading!!