One: Athanasia's Misfortune

Three words to describe who is my mortal enemy.

Lucas. Gabrielle. Valentino.

Gosh, I despise that man!

A boy that has been stuck with me since childhood. You would have thought that I am only kidding and that we are actually close friends from diapers, but NO! There is no way that the two of us would get along. Starting from his personality, you would know that we are not compatible with each other. It was like you were trying to pair a wolf with a poor kitten! No cats should suffer to stay with the wolf! NO CATS.

7 years. I mean 7 years! I have to be stuck with that boy, trying to adjust myself with him in hopes that he would change and be good to me but then not all people can change. Some others are just too evil enough to stay like that forever.

But then some say that after a long period of patience you are going to be free from that hell.

And after 7 years of survival...

I finally left the country with my family!! YES!

All that trouble of trying to control a wild beast will now be gone and be left in the dumpster where it belongs! For forever!

Sayonara hell! Hello freedo-

"Athy, sweetie... What do you think about marriage?"

I choked on my drink.

11 years later, I find myself getting a drink in the kitchen, not noticing that my mother was in the living room, talking with who-knows-who on the phone. Until she suddenly came towards me with a question that is completely meant for me.

"What?" My pre-teenage personality almost seeped out while trying not to break the glass that I am holding. "W-What about it mom...?" I think I know where this is going. But I don't have an escape plan to avoid this topic. Help!

"Well...." Mom dragged her voice as she began to play her fingerin the counter. "Do you remember this boy?" She then showed a photo of a guy from her phone.

A boy who looked like he has the same age as me, smiling on the picture with a girl by his side, brooding. He has long black hair, tied into a bun, his red eyes glistened as he stared into the camera, smiling so brightly. As much as I wanted to admit that he looked handsome, I can't help but wonder if I have seen him somewhere.

"Who...?" I uttered, tilting my head as I tried to remember the boy but nothing came to mind.

Mom seemed pretty interested of what my reaction right now, leaning closer to my face with a smug look. "How is he, handsome isn't he?" She questioned, she did not hide the excitement in her voice as she stare at me in anticipation. "Do you want to marry that boy?"

I wasn't even drinking anything but I choked for the second time, my eyes widened as if it was going to jump out of their sockets. "Mother?!" I exclaimed, taking a step back.

"But look at him!" Mom pushed her phone to my face again. "Doesn't he suit your taste?!"

...

She does have a poin- wait, that's not the case!

"But I don't know him!" I argued, pushing the phone away from me. I tried to run away from mom but she had me cornered in the kitchen with no place to escape. "Why marriage of all things?! Aren't I too young for that?!"

"But would you want to date him?!"

First they gave me a jerk friend and now this?!

"I don't have time for dating! Don't you want me to become your heir for the company?!" I retorted.