Seventeen : Hurts to be Hated

Lucas' Perspective:

It was a stressful week.

These days, I've been over in my dad's company to assist him with all of his work that is slowly eating him up. And what good of a son am I if I don't help him ease those problems by taking all of half of his responsibilities as the boss?

Not that I'm complaining—I am—but because of this I haven't really hung out with Athanasia for so long, not even having a normal conversation. And it didn't help when Axel came into the picture and kept joining us whenever we had the chance to be alone.

On the bright side though, it is quite helpful to have Axel around Athanasia while I am gone. Just so there aren't any pests coming after her and would try to steal her away from me.

As much as the fact hurts—that what I have with Athanasia was only just a mask or a mere contract—I still have the right to be protective over her, as I am her so-called boyfriend that everyone knows and her husband at home that our parents agreed on.

Man.

That's a double label for the two people who aren't even really together in a romantic sense.

At first it hurts. Like it really hurts. I mean, who would have thought of making a plan by putting two people together where person A likes person B but person B doesn't feel the same? That's just torture not some good plan, just torture.

And now my rants have become more and more nonsense as I continue this meeting with the staff. And my head is on the verge of exploding right now.

I hate this.

I want to see Sia.

The meeting soon ended as my thoughts were filled only with Athanasia and her cute reaction whenever she would try and taste one of my dishes—people weren't really joking how it makes your heart happy whenever the people you love would brighten as they eat the food you cooked. Her face was like the sun, but I would have wished that she would show that kind of brightness only to me. If she was the sun, I would have been the first person to take her away from Earth and keep her to myself.

I paused, my eyes widened at the thought. I felt my ears heat up as I immediately slammed the door to my office shut. I then ran my hands through my hair as I crouched down, my back sliding against the door. "Ah, shit…" I exasperated, a chuckle left my lips. "I'm going crazy, I swear…"

Sia, look how much you have done to me. And I couldn't even hate you for that.

I heard a buzz from my table, which I half-heartedly accepted. I rolled my eyes, ready to listen to what the woman from the lobby would relay.

"Sir, you have a visitor," she said. I let out a sigh. Can't this day go any faster? "Who?"

"... Sia?" The woman's voice was unsure.

I flipped my head up, my eyes widened at the mention of my wife's name. Hold up. Am I hearing things?

"Huh…?" What kind of stupid sound is that?

"Sia, sir. That's her name."

The moment that I heard her name for the second time, I didn't hesitate to run out of my office, pulling my tie as if I was able to breathe comfortably again. I didn't bother to look at myself in the mirror and arrange my hair—and besides, I still look good, duh—I was focused on meeting Athanasia again. The glow in her eyes, the softness of her voice, just everything.

I can't wait to see her.

As dramatic as it sounds, I may have been with Athanasia since morning, but all of this work and meetings makes me feel like I haven't seen her in years. It's as if the feeling of the ten years of being alone came back and clawed my heart again.