Eight : Uncomfortable

"You moved out of your parent's house?!" Helena exclaimed through the phone. I immediately moved my phone away to save my ear from bleeding. I could still hear her screaming. I only rolled my eyes as I listened to her asking me questions and complaints. Well, every girl needs a loud friend in her life.

"Now, would you please quiet down if you want details..." I said calmly. Thankfully, she heard me and stopped. I waited for a moment to make sure that she good and silent before I asked for her a question that she needed an answer with. "Okay, now hit me." I glanced at Lucas who was busy playing games beside me.

It was a peaceful Saturday morning and Lucas and I just finished doing our chores in the house. Which took us a long while since our house was a bit big for two people to live in. But we managed in the end without bickering. Lucas almost suggested we cover our faces so that when we see each other we wouldn't get annoyed and that would start a fight, I commented that he was just being dramatic. Well, because he is.

Back to present. Here we are, lounging in our living room. I was so focused on watching Lucas playing games, asking him stuff how was he playing. It was very interesting. I asked to play with him but he just scoffs and ignores me. I was about to attack and destroy his game but then, luckily for him, Helena called just in time to annoy me and my peaceful time.

"Why did you move out?" Okay, starting with the basics. "Did you find yourself a boyfriend?!" And what the fuck?

I heard Lucas snort. And I was right for him to evesdrop. But I let him listen, since this is also concerns him. I immediately shook my head even though Helena couldn't see me. "No way! I haven't even answered your first question yet, why did you jump to that conclusion?!" I exclaimed, I began to rub my temples. "Just so you know, I left my parent's house to become independent. I know that I couldn't just rely on my family any longer, despite that I am going to inherit my father's company." I noticed Lucas rolling his eyes. He sure is enjoying this.

"Yeah, 18 and still living in her parent's house..." He muttered, his voice filled with amusement. "Well, I could say the same to you..." I retorted.

"What?"

I jumped. "N-Nothing!" I immediately said. With Lucas here beside me and commenting every word I say makes me forget that I'm in a call with Helena. I cleared my throat. "Now, you know my situation. Could you please let me off? I just want to relax," I said in a whine. Thankfully, Lucas stopped paying attention and continued with his game.

"Okay, okay. But one last question!" Helena said. I could imagine her jumping as she said that. I sighed. "What is it? This better be the last..." I warned her, earning a nervous chuckle from her. "I just want to know where are you living? Like you know, I want to visit you... I feel down if I don't know where you are living in..." She said, making my eyes widen. I slowly turned to Lucas who was still playing, not listening to our conversation. I glared at him. Really, at the time when I needed his help, now he's gone and play his games.

"I..." My voice trailed off, thinking of a way. "I could text you the address..." That was all I could say. I started to sweat buckets while I didn't noticed how I was tugging Lucas' sleeve as I talk with Helena. My action made him paused his game and turned to my direction with a soft hum. The tone of his voice surprised me, making me turn towards him with a troubled expression. I then mouthed help at him.

Lucas only raised a brow, confused. Helena finally ended the call. I immediately threw my phone on the coffee table and jumped on Lucas, holding him on both arms with wide eyes. "I need your help!" I cried, shaking him.

"Owowowowow! Stop!!" Lucas exclaimed, pushing my hands off of him, but he didn't do it harshly. He held me firmly and stared at me in the eyes. "Would you please calm down, woman!" He complained. His hair looked disheveled since I was shaking him too much, which brought a smile to my face. "Oi, focus!" He called, snapping his fingers on my face.