Eleven : You're Unfair

Remember when I said that Lucas never liked going to the beach? This is what I meant.

As we arrived in the location of where our trip will be, standing in the lobby while waiting for our room keys, Lucas has been standing close beside me, his hand kept on tugging on my sleeve as he looked around with a peeved look. He was wearing a sun hat to cover his face, like a cat, he's been glaring a lot of people that would walk by us. As much as it is fun to see him suffering beside me, I still try and stayed by his side to calm him down a bit. It wasn't a joke that Lucas hates going out to the beach, he really hates it since childhood. Ever since that time we went to a beach, due to Lucas' attractiveness—as much as I hate to admit—he was attacked by many people, causing him trauma.

He only had me that time.

"What are you smiling at? It's creepy..." I heard Lucas say. Well, even if he's uncomfortable in places like this, he still would get a chance to snarl at me. His grip onto my sleeve tightens when he noticed some girls smiling at him, I saw them too. "How long do we have to wait here... I want to go inside..." He complained, making me roll my eyes. I scooted closer so that the ladies would know that he was with someone—note: his wife—and felt him calm down behind me. "We are actually inside but hang in there, there's a lot of us, of course it would take long," I said. I heard Lucas grumble some inconceivable words but I decided to ignore him.

"You two sure are awfully close," Helena teased as she approached us. I glared at her, seeing that annoying grin on her face. She pointed at Lucas who wouldn't even bother to see her presence. "Is Lucas okay?" She asked, quite worried. "It's the first time for me to see him sweating buckets." Oh, she just had to add that.

I smiled, tilting my head. I reached for Lucas' hat and pulled it down to cover his face more. "He's fine. He just can't stand..." I paused, then, "... The heat." I do hope that Helena would just take the lie and leave, I have a child to take care off. Helena just nodded at me with a sheepish smile. "Yeah, I kind of agree..." She muttered, making a pout. "Oh well! I also came by to ask if have you seen Zain somewhere, I haven't seen him..."

Zain. Helena mentioned him last time when we hung out. I'm sure that he's that older guy from the Engineering course who also seemed close with Helena. At first I thought that they were dating but Helena told me that he's a playboy so she cancelled him out of her list, but magically, they suddenly became close friends since they have the same preferences when it comes to hobbies and stuff—I forgot which hobby—they've been stuck together like glue ever since. It's also a relief for me that there's no drama between them and that Zain's current girlfriend doesn't mind them being close.

I shook my head in response, finding myself out of my thoughts. "Nope, haven't seen him," I said. I heard Lucas mutter something in my ears, I tilted my head close to hear more. "What?" I asked.

Lucas sighed. "Zain, as in Axel's brother?" I choked on my spit. Zain is who's brother??

I blinked, pretty surprised at the news. I began to imagine the two together to find some similarities but I couldn't find one. I mean, Zain and Axel? A mature playboy and a childish class-clown? They are brothers? Hearing that for the first time is just another proof that my life is a lie. I gaped at Lucas, frowning at him. He suddenly grinned at me, finding my reaction amusing to him. "Oh, you didn't know?" His voice became loud and clear, I could hear the tease laced in his voice.

"Wait, Zain has a brother??" Helena must have heard Lucas, scooting close. I took a step back when Lucas irked at Helena's sudden closure. "Oh my gosh! How could he not tell me?!" Hm, I didn't know that they're that close. "I am so gonna bombard him with a lot of questions later!" Helena pumped her fist up, making Lucas and I flinch, avoiding her hand. She turned back to us and smiled. "Okay, thanks for the info, I'll see you guys later!!" She said and left us alone. I noticed how I held my breath just now as I let out a sigh of relief.