Sixteen : He is the Definition of...

This has been bothering me all day.

I don't know but somehow whenever I am with Lucas, Axel would just magically appear right in between our conversation. Like a dog, he kept following Lucas around and would sometimes interrupt us whenever he got the chance to annoy the hell out of me.

It was infuriating. Lucas hasn't really been present at home everyday and sometimes his dad would call him to assist the company and now Axel would try and steal Lucas away at school. I haven't got any much free time to actually hang out with him.

And now…

"Why are you here?"

It was lunchtime, Lucas wasn't here with me as he got called by a classmate of his from the same class he was in. And now I am all alone, again—or so I thought.

Right sitting in front of me, Axel joined me for lunch. His stupid grin plastered all over his face as if he isn't doing anything wrong that made me feel annoyed whenever he's around.

"Lucas isn't here…" I muttered with a sigh.

"I'm here to accompany you while Lucster is around!" Axel happily cheered, tilting his head as he continued to watch me eat. Now I don't feel like enjoying my lunch right now. I rolled my eyes and pushed my tray away from me. "I don't need company," I replied, rolling my eyes. "I'm gonna go and spend my day alone. In peace." I huffed, looking away from Axel who was still grinning.

I swear I want to tear off that smile of his and throw it across the room.

It's not like I'm sulking that I haven't been with Lucas these days, it's just it felt somewhat different. Maybe I'm just used to him being right by my side and entertaining me with the stupidest stuff to talk about. He may be annoying but with Axel right here, I much rather have Lucas to annoy me than his best friend.

"I'll just stay right here," Axel sang, not getting the hidden message beneath the mask of my words. "By the way, as Lucas' wife, don't you have anything to ask of me—me being as Lucas' best friend?" He added, tilting his head as he stared at me with such curiosity.

What is he doing right now?

Ever since Axel found out about my secret relationship with Lucas, he has been asking these questions out of nowhere. Lucas would immediately hit him on the stomach whenever that happens but now that I'm all alone, he took the opportunity to ask me again. As suspicious as it sounds, it does seem very tempting. Like what does Lucas look like growing up without me?

I didn't notice how Axel was currently swinging a carrot on a stick right in front of my face, his smirk appearing.

I immediately shook my head at the tempting offer. I must not fall into that kind of trick!

"What do you mean?" I scoffed.

As Axel leaned on the table, I noticed the mischief in his eyes. I narrowed my eyes in suspicion, there must be something that I don't know that he knew. But what is it?

"I mean, aren't you curious? What are Lucas' favorites and stuff…" Axel added, humming happily.

I paused, blinking. "Huh…" Why would I ask such things when I already knew that.

Lucas hasn't really changed after 10 years of being away from each other. He still likes the color red, which makes apples his favorite fruit. He has a habit of fiddling with his fingers whenever he is lost in thought or whenever he feels uncomfortable he would clench his fists. He mostly likes any food as long as it has noodles in it. And it doesn't seem like he is fond of sweets, but he can't live without taking at least a single nibble of a piece of chocolate. He doesn't like staying in the middle of a crowd for long as it triggers his anxiety—though he would calm down whenever he is with me.