Seven : Invitation

"Do you know that the initials of your name would name an electronic store...?"

Lucas glared at me before going back to his cooking.

One week had passed, and here we are still in the talking stage where I'm the only one who would try to initiate to talk to him. I was sitting on a bar stool, my arms on the island table, watching Lucas cook from the other side. At first we wouldn't talk to each other and would end up fighting but then the silence is killing me that I ended up trying to start a conversation with him.

"Lucas Gabriel...." I muttered. "LG..." I let out a chuckle, looking away so that Lucas would not hit me with his death glare. "I used to secretly call you that before."

"Now we're confessing secrets, huh?" Lucas replied with a scoff, stirring his cooking as he added another ingredient. The scent in the room changes, damn, it's making me hungry. Lucas gave me a short glance before going back to cooking. "Is it because you're trying to be a wife who would a hundred percent give her trust to her husband?" And the teasing begins.

I only rolled my eyes and looked away for a moment to see that Helena was texting me. "Oh..." I uttered out which brought Lucas' curiousity. "What's wrong?" He asked. I turned to him with brows raised. "What, are you trying to be an attentive husband to your loving wife?" I teased back, earning a scoff from him. That's what he gets, hmph.

I showed him a triumphant smile before going back to text back Helena.

>>>

Helena:
Athyyyyy, where r u????

<<<

I frowned at her message. What is she talking about?

>>>

Athanasia:
What do you mean, I'm at
home... ^^;

Helena:
??????
I was told by the maids tht u
weren't at home thoooo
I thought tht ur going out
so I was wondering where r u
so we could hang!

<<<

Oh shit.

"Oh, you're damned..."

I jumped when Lucas came up behind me. I almost threw my phone across the room. "LUCAS!" I scolded him, smacking his arm. Lucas only laughed at my reaction. "It's not funny!!" I continued to torture him with my metal hands.

"Ow, ow, ow!! Okay!! Stop that, I didn't mean to peek!!" Lucas yelled back. He immediately caught my wrists and stopped me from hitting him. He gave me a firm look which surprised me then sighed, letting go of me when he felt me calming down. "Wow, your fists are still a pain..." He grumbled under his breath. "Good thing I didn't break a bone or something..."

"Do you want me to hit you again?"

"I'm sorry ma'am..."

I rolled my eyes and turned off my phone. I'll call Helena later. I'm sure that she will understand, I hope so.

"Anyways, come here for a sec," Lucas said as he reached out for my hand again, surprising me for a moment of how casual that action was. "I wanted you to try my cooking. See if there's something more you wanted to change..." I let Lucas lead me to the stove and took a spoonful of the food. He gently blows it for me and muttered, "it's hot... Don't want you to get burned..." Before feeding me. I opened my mouth and tasted his cooking. My eyes widened, turning my head to face Lucas. "Wow," was all that I could say.

Lucas showed a prideful smile and turned off the stove. "I'm glad it suits your taste. Now help me take the plates to the table while I serve our dinner."

I followed. One week had passed and this has become a routine between us at home. Lucas cooks, while I wash the dishes, he cleans the 2nd floor while I'm on the first floor. We never even arranged anything, it just came to us that these are we going to do to support each other for the next 3 months. It just came out naturally. Maybe it is because of the years we spent together in our childhood, but we make an awesome team when it comes to household chores.

Is this what life would be like when you married Lucas...?

Just look how he has grown up. Now looking at him closely, he does changed. What a wonder.

"What are you spacing out for?" Lucas' voice pulled me out of my thoughts. "Oh, sorry..." Was all that I could say and sat back down.

As always, we eat in silence. There's nothing much to talk about. We went to the same school with almost the same schedule. My mind is empty to start a conversation.

What would a husband and wife do at times like this?

I gave Lucas a glance when he's not looking and sighed.

Married life sure is hard...

"After dinner..."

I blinked. My thoughts vanished in an instant when I heard Lucas initianating a conversation with me. "Eh...?" Was all I could say, too surprised to say anything.

"I mean, I have nothing else to do after this. What do you want to do after dinner," Lucas muttered, clearing his throat. I stared at him weirdly for a good moment and smiled. "Are you trying to be a good hubby to your wife?" I asked innocently.

"You look like you're dying out of boredom," He replied. He looked up at me and smirked. "Hubby to has a nice ring to it. Thanks, wifey."

I felt the heat on my cheeks rises up, making me avoid eye contact. Damn this man. He must've had many women before because of his flirting skills.

"Can we go out...?" I decided to ignore his teasing. Lucas raised his brows with a hum. He turned to check the time. "at this hour?" He asked, tilting his head. I nodded with an excited smile. "We can go for a drive, midnight snacks, and just sit under the stars. Just feeling the temporary freedom... And..." My voice trailed off to see Lucas staring at me with those eyes, so soft. He was smiling at me warmly.

"... So you want that kind of date, huh?" He muttered happily, making me blush.

I didn't answer and Lucas decided to stand up, I didn't noticed how he was already finished with his food while I'm here still munching. He took his plates and went to the kitchen. "Better finish your food or else I'll change my mind," I heard him say, his voice faded out from the sounds of his plate being rinsed.

My eyes brightens and turned my head to Lucas' direction, my fork was still in my mouth. "Are you sure?!!" I asked happily. Like a dog being told to go outside for the first time.

I heard him chuckle as he finished cleaning his plate and puts it in the dishwasher. "What wifey wants, she would get from her hubby," he said with a wink. He wiped off the water from his hands and left the kitchen to relax on the sofa.

Damn, if Lucas was really my husband I'd say a hundred I love yous to him!

Why is he suddenly like this?!!!

"Are you just going to stare at me or finish your food?"

"Ah! I'll gobble them all in a second!!"

"Pfft, slow down, will you?"

-----
I've been writing too much fluff here, I'd better start the drama soon :)