Four: Three Months Trial

You have got to be kidding.

I almost thought that he was serious. I let out a laugh and pushed Lucas' forehead with my finger, nudging him a bit. "You almost caught me!" I exclaimed, forcing myself to laugh out loud.

"What?" Lucas frowned, sitting back up. He continued to watch me laugh with a blank look on his face, waiting for me to stop laughing. But then, I was forcing a laugh, he would have to wait a while for me to stop.

"I mean, me, marrying you?" I exclaimed, pointing at him with such exaggeration. I slapped my thigh, still laughing. "I'm sure that we both have the same feelings with each other, but not in the marrying type of way. Gosh, I haven't laughed this much for so long!"

"Huh." Was all that Lucas could say, his brow twitched as he watch me go crazy. He waited and waited until I find this situation awkward, my laughter dying down to find out that Lucas was staring at me with a serious look on his face. After a short moment of silence, he sighed. "Are you done you laughing maniac?"

Laugh... Laughing maniac????

"Wait..." I paused, moving backwards with my eyes widened, staring at Lucas' eyes that was showing no signs of lies nor teasement—if that's a word. My mouth went agape when Lucas showed a smirk when he saw the visible reaction that I gave.

"Looking red now, princess?" He said, suddenly leaning close until our nose touched. The same distance he gave earlier at school. "I didn't think that you could show such adorable look..." He muttered.

I was ready to push his face away as he slowly move closer but then we heard someone walking in the room, making Lucas bump his forehead on mine with a chuckle as I yelped in pain. He stared at me for a moment then gave me one last smile and said, "cute."

?!!!!

He stood up from his seat to greet whoever was at the door, walking in their house. "You're home..." I heard him say, his teasing voice was gone and replaced with a homely one. The way he greeted the person made me peek to see who it was and saw a black haired girl, wearing a goth-like clothing, her hair tied in a braid, her black eyes met Lucas' boredly as she slid her bag on her arm, handing it to a maid that Lucas just called.

She's pretty.

I flinched when she finally saw me and tilted her head  before she turned back to Lucas with a brow raised. "New girl?" She asked boredly.

What does she mean new girl??

Lucas frowned and shook his head, his hands finding their way to his pockets. "Why are you asking me like I am such a playboy?" He scoffs, pinching her nose.

They looked close.

"Because you are," the girl said with a shrug, bumping Lucas' shoulder as she walked towards me and sat down. She gave me a smile, hugging a pillow she just found. Before she could turn on the television, she must've noticed how I was still staring at her in wonder and introduced herself. "My name is Maea, by the way. Lucas' sister if my stupid brother still haven't mentioned me to you."

Lucas just glared at his sister as he suddenly sat down between us, making us sit apart.

I finally have calmed down my heart right after what happened earlier with Lucas and scoffs, eyeing the person now sitting beside me. "You have a sister?" I asked. "I remembered how you were just an only child when we were little."

"Oh." Lucas snapped his fingers and faced me. "That was because my parents adopted her from an orphanage that they used to support. She has the same age as us."

"Wait," Maea butted in and turned to us. She was eves dropping since from the start of our short conversation. "So she was the one that mom was talking about? Athanasia, right, your fiance?"