Ten : Cooking with "Hubby"

"Hey, Athy..." Finally, Helena got the time to hang out with me on a weekend. After a week of projects and reaching deadlines, we finally got the time for ourselves, also, helped me from avoiding Lucas for now. Not that I was really avoiding him, I don't know why but I feel a bit guilty for making him feel bad assuming that Ijekiel has a thing for me-which he doesn't!-I even put all my anger on Ijekiel after finding out that he has been teasing Lucas that there was something between us but the heavy feeling was still there, bothering me whenever I think about that idiot. One thing that I know about Lucas was that he's pretty serious about this marriage, I'm sure that's why he reacted like that towards Ijekiel.

A husband would be jealous over a man that he didn't know his wife was close with.

...

I felt puffing out a smoke as felt my cheeks getting warm at the thought. I gripped the cup of my drink hard that in crinkled from my touch. Did I just consider Lucas my husband?!-Well, I should, right? We're married, even by contract, we are still married, of course that I have to think of him as my husband. Right. There's nothing weird about it at all. I was just stating facts.

"ATHY!"

I jumped, hearing my name for the nth time. I had forgot that I was hanging out with Helena at a fast-food restaurant. I looked up to see her that was sitting across me, she was giving me daggers from her eyes, I squinted my eyes in apology as I nervously sipped my drink. "What...?" I awkwardly said, putting down my drink and decided to finish my fries. Helena stared at me for a moment, frowning before she rolled her eyes with a sigh, leaning back to her chair. "Jeez, here I am inviting you out to relax and have fun but here you are getting busy with your thoughts..." She grumbled, her lips formed into a pout. "I know that you now finally have a boyfriend first thing you came to school, but don't you dare ignore me!" She began to whine, reaching to pinch my nose. I immediately slapped her hand away, glaring back. "Hey!" I complained.

I felt myself blush again. "What is it that you want to talk about anyway?!" I immediately change the topic. I came here to calm my nerves and avoid Lucas for a while, not to talk about him, I don't want a word about him today!

Helena huffed. "I was asking about coming over to your new place, you never told me," She repeated what I didn't manage to hear earlier. I almost choked on my fries when she said it. I can't help but think about my last conversation with Lucas last night.

"Why are you insisting on telling everyone our address?" I asked as I jumped on the couch. I was Lucas's time to clean the dishes, I'm taking a rest, deciding to watch a movie after a good dinner that Lucas cooked for us. I heard him scoff from the kitchen, making me frown. "It's such a hassle to think of a place, also, they are sure going to come and visit. What excuse do you want to say? I have nothing but just tell them our address..." He said, I could tell he was a bit annoyed that I went and brought back the topic that started our small fight.

"That's what I'm saying!" I exclaimed. I took a pillow on my lap, finally picking a movie after a long time of searching and scrolling. "They could visit!"

"Then you better inform the other so we'll avoid any problems, since you don't want our relationship be known," Lucas suggested. I suddenly caught a whiff of something delicious from the kitchen, is he cooking something? "If your friends decided to visit our place then you tell me so I'll do my best not to be found and if ever someone did saw me, I'll just say that I'm visiting you. Easy."

I blinked back to reality. I stared at Helena that was still waiting for my answer, I let out a defeated sigh. I took my phone and showed her the address. "Here..." I said with a groan. Helena brightens. Though as an idea came into my mind, before she could even memorize the address, I immediately took my phone away, earning a complaint from her. "I'm not done yet!" She exclaimed, giving me death glares, I just gave her an eye-roll and leaned on the table, I find myself now playing with the straw of my drink. "I'll give you the address, in exchange you need to help me with something.. Deal?"