Kuch Rishton Ka Namak Hi Duri Hota Hai (Part 16)

Manik and Nandini walked in the Malhotra gardens to see Aman and Ayan playing with Raj and Neyonika making their video. Nandini looked at Manik who had a smile. But then he made a straight face and whistled loudly taking Aman and Ayan's attention. They knew this whistle.

"Baba!" they ran to Manik in happiness

"Manik how many time I have told you not to call them like that" Nandini said as Ayan jumped on Manik and Aman hugged him.

"It's our code Nandini" he said making her roll her eyes.

"Aren't you guys staying back for lunch?" Neyonika asked

"No we have to go to Amma Appa's place" Nandini said and Neyonika nodded.

"Breakfast?" Neyonika asked

"No thanks we will get leaving Ma... Mrs Malhotra" Manik said with a forced smile.

"We will get our bag" Ayan and Aman left running

Mahir walked out and greeted Manik and Nandini. He hugged them both

"When will you going back?" Mahir asked

"Next week" Manik said and Mahir told him to free one day for lunch with him and Neha.

Aman and Ayan came back and hugged Mahir and then kissed Raj and Neyonika's cheek. Nandini said "Bye bolo"

"Bye Dadu, Dadi, Mahir Chachu" they said together and Neyonika kissed them tightly. Manik and Nandini left with the twins.
_____________________________________

"Thanks" Manik said as Tanvi served him. He looked at Nandini. He was never this awkward at her place. Nandini chuckled

"It's ok Tanvi. He knows his way here" Nandini said and gave the casserole to him. Manik sighed and took the spoon and started to serve himself

"Manik why are you serving yourself? I'll do it" Naina said

"It's ok" Nandini said

"Nandini he is the son in law" Naina chided

"He has been here like billion times and had gazillion food her. Don't do that, he will stop coming here" Nandini said. Naina looked at Manik who nodded. Rishab shook his head.

The lunch with Murty's was not that awkward but awkward. Manik and Nandini had short conversations with Murty's. Aman and Ayan were eating silently.
_____________________________________

"Amma" Aman came and hugged Nandini and Ayan also climbed the bed. "Yeh house kiska hai" he asked

"Humara" Nandini said hugging him. He rested his head on Nandini's chest and hugged her.

Manik walked in with Ayan in his arms.

"I like beaches. Hum beach pe rehne jaye?" he said to Manik

"Hum jaa sakte hai but aap ko school bhi hai na" Manik said and Ayan nodded.

"Par abhi toh chutti hai" Ayan said yawning.

"Hai toh hum kal jayenge" Manik said sitting besides Nandini with Ayan. Manik held Ayan just like Nandini had Aman. They looked at each other. Manik's heart filled with warmth. He saw Nandini then started talking to Aman and Ayan. 8 years back when he realised what he felt for Nandini he just thought of having a family with her. His family did had his parents and brother, things were different but shevwas here to Manik didn't need anything else.
_____________________________________

Manik helped Aman and Ayan to make sand castle. They saw Nandini getting water from the sea for their castle.

"Manik bacche hai, itna kya perfect bana na hai tumhe" Nandini said sitting there besides him