Chapter 5-The Deal

They went for a walk around the court silently. Danica was feeling so awkward that she couldn't wait for the walk to end. They've not said a word to each other since they left their parents. Prince Hans is being quiet as always with his hands clasped together at the back.

Danica was trying to start a conversation from anywhere.

This silence is killing her obviously - She's was about to tell him how good looking the exterior of the court is before he cut her in.

'Don't fret,I just needed an escape from my parents, and there was no other way'He said casually.

Danica could not believe her ears,"escape from my parents"it kept ringing in her ears,
why exactly?

She smiled faintly. 'Why would you say that?'

'Because I can't stand them!'

They approached the garden,and Danica was marveled at the sight.

'Forgive me ,your Grace, earlier on when you said you can't stand them,what were you implying?'She inquired.

The prince ran his hand through his hair and sighed heavily. 'Honestly, my lady ,this whole marriage thing is not my idea,I don't want to ,not now until ....'He paused . That was enough for Danica to hear.

'Why don't you tell them about it then?'

'Of course, but even as the royal prince that I am, my opinions do not still matter'

Danica knew there and then that she wasn't alone, at least someone else is going through her shit.

'I pulled you out because I needed us to make a deal and you sure would love it.' Prince Hans said as Danica held a curious look.She raised an eyebrow for him to speak.

'Its not going to be as easy as it sounds'He sighed.'First,do you want this marriage?'

Danica was mute,of course she doesn't,she's not ready for any man or marriage that there isn't any love.But...

'N-no'

He moved to the swinging chair and sat ,and beckoned for her to join him.

'Now the deal is we both don't want this marriage,and I can see you have great passion for your arts, as I love my girlfriend too.'

'Girlfriend?'

Prince Hans scrutinized her and wanted to make sure she was trusted with his secrets.

'Yes ,I have a girlfriend and I can't marry her in Beaumont because she's not a Noble, but eventually I will marry her.'

'So I have decided that we pretend to be Betrothed lovers until the day of our marriage,then I can elope with her ,while you study creative arts and make it bigger in brooklyn' He continued.

Danica was getting the hang of it,and from the inside, she knew she could gain a lot, but then how would the royal family and her own family feel from this embarrassment ?

'Um...uh..it's really not a bad idea,but the king...the queen..and everyone ,what do you think they'd say?' She stuttered.

The prince reasoned and rubbed his chin,'Only then will they know what it feels like for their opinions to not matter.'

Burrrnnnn!Danica run!this prince is savage and Ain't looking back , he's going to do everything to get what he wants even if it means turning his back on his family.

Danica could not think straight or far cause the offer is nail-biting and irresistible. She could picture herself in two years time having the biggest art School in Brooklyn training younger ones like herself who have the passion for art. The prince noticed her silence and knew that her gaze was elsewhere she was staring blankly at the Garden's flowers.

The prince was waiting for her to make a decision. Her silence was making him impatient, perhaps,maybe he was taking it too hard on her he'll just call it off with her since her silence is actually very scary.

'Maybe you should jus....'

She cut him In.

'I'll do it' She said flatly and turned to look at him, she held his gaze. The prince was so happy beyond words that she agreed to do this but he couldn't burst it out instead they maintained silence and gazed at each other.

He patted her head and thanked her,he got up after and left. Her eyes were still fixed on the space that he was, she laughed scornfully at herself. She thought deeply "What have I gotten myself into!?"